Saturday 31 January 2009

lovely complex...one of the best cliche anime..

Ahhhh... I have finish watch the Lovely Complex anime and I also have watch the live action one, which were very hard to find on the net, I try the Truveo video search and most of the results are video with Russian, french or whatsoever subtitle that I would not understand. But at last I got to watch the anime at My Video, I don’t which country it was, I could not understand language of the website, but so nice of them to upload english fan-subbed anime. I really enjoy that one. Now I just want to blog about the anime.
This story revolves around Otani-156cm, shorter than the average Japanese guy, and Risa-172cm, taller than average japanese girl, always making fun at each other, selalu bertikam lidah... but,eventhough they always shout at each other, both of them a big fan of Umibouzu(Japanese Hip-hop star) so they always go to the concert together and become good friends. And then a typical teenage love story, from being just friends they develops feeling toward each other, despite always saying that “ I don’t want a beanstalk girlfriend” or “ I don’t want a shorty for a boyfriend” something like that. The story continues as Risa is the first to confess to Otani, despite feel a little bit insecure that Otani might really not like to have a taller girlfriend. When she confessed, too bad Otani does not think of her that way....yet... so Risa try to make Otani notice her as more than a beantstalk girl.
Oh yeah, there are a lot of really funny hillarious scenes and this is an anime, so crazy stunts and outrageous ridiculous scenes are expected, termasuk ekspresi muka sengal meraka, hahaha..lawak gila!...but really enjoying. Later, Risa and Otani date each other , so the story focus on them being a couple despite of height difference(but at this point, height not the real issue anymore). Not really original it is fine. And did I tell you that, the couple scene is so cute...cair jugalah aku tengok walaupun memikirkan lelaki tu lagi rendah dari aku... hehehe....
Well I don’t really learn new things from here, alright probably about not being insecure about myself despite my physical appearance (but I got to say that my height is never an issue for me)...I also love that Risa always change her hairstyles in the anime, different from other anime that sually wear the same hairstyles and even the same clothes... So, how coud I be bore with this.
Another thing that I really, really love about this story, it is set in Ohsaka, so the characters all speaking in Kansai-ben dialect. Yeah, it was really different , but don’t know why it really suits comedy.
The thing about Kansai-ben dialet is there are much more dragging in word and usually has a ‘ya’ sound at the end. Emmm... I just give simple example:-
Bye-bye in Japanese is “Sa-yo-na-ra”, but in Kansai-ben dialect “Sai-nara”...probably they drag the ‘y’ sound as ‘sai’ instead of ‘sa-y’ ...another one, “na-ni” that usually mean what, in Kansai-ben it is “nai-ya” ... and more example you could find in the anime. A fresh breath in japanese language that I always listen to in j-drama...hehehe...(not sure if this really correct 100%, but that is how I heard it).
All together, I really love to watch the anime (the movie not so much).
PS: It does make thinking about me being couple with a shortguy, would I be okay having a BF shorter than me? would any tall girl date a shorter guy, would any short guy want to date a taller girl?hmmm... I guess base on a person perspective. You guys and girl out there, would you?

PSS: Later I would blog about the movie and Kurosagi too.

No comments:

Post a Comment