Monday 22 August 2011

Spring Summer Trip and Conquest of Europe, Kelana Convoy: London

OK, I've be missing in action all this while and it's not because of fasting, it is because I want to focus on my studies. I had some fails from last exam and I have to resit it. As much as I want to blog about stuff, I was pretty nervous about m resits... so it's the same like when I kept blogging away during exam season last May. However I just finish this morning and practically faint at the sight of bed. I just realize it's past the last 10 days of Ramadhan yesterday when I go for taddarus. I have to try my best in these last days. Finally I will be going back to Malaysia, Ampang this Saturday. Am I excited? to be honest, not really... sorry mama.

Alright I though I would just pass blogging about the trip I had about 2 months ago, but I can't. There's a lot of happening and the fact that I practically become poor when I'm back from the trip, I just could not give this trip a miss. This is my 3 weeks spring summer trip.

So Conquest of Europe is a budget package from Kelana Convoy. It covers a lot of place. I joined this tour, to be honest on impulse. So I was quite unprepared financially. That's not good.
Of course I just brave myself throughout the tour, I guess it's better to spend more and experience things than just burning the few hundreds I had spend on.

We went to London a few days before the tour start. I thought about checking out London, since I never had a chance to step of Heathrow before. Being on the bus on the way to Victoria, I just realize how much I miss the sight of city *note that I am from Ampang and Kuala Lumpur is like 5 minits from home. I had notice that Belfast is not actually a city *metropolitan and I am not
bothered, it is just, it is so apparent when I visit bigger city like London. The same thing happen when I visit Dublin last time. Just looking out of the window of bus, I was thinking, 'maybe, I do miss home?' ... haha! The fact it was blazing hot summer makes it feel more like KL, despite the Big Ben.
We check in to the Malaysian Hall at Bayswater, well, I am not sure if there are other cheaper accomodation. But Malaysian Hall cost about 10gbp per night for undergraduate. The room is nice I guess, I never stayed in a budget hotel or hostel in UK so I can't really compare. I did notice some roaches in the toilet *it's been a while since I see one.


Another thing I was introduced to is the London Underground. COOL! You know, for a daughter of one of KTMB engineer, I do appreciate an efficient train system and Underground is one of it.
By underground only we can get to almost all places, Arsenal, Heathrow and Greenwich and many others. Did I mention that all the interesting site *tourist site have a station, so it is very convenient and cheaper for tourist. Of course it could not defeat the atmosphere if we're a bus.
At first, in Victoria Station actually, with the crowd and complicated map, I was nervous, and I wasn't really paying attention to what station we were at. But 1 single day all it takes to get the hang of the the underground system *actually less than that... I mean for me who wasn't that enthusiastic about the underground. It just show how much we went on and off the train. I would like to provide what station for what interesting site, but it's been a while and I am tooo lazy just to search it, I did save the map and brochure of places we went to... but I think I throw it when I moved.

After checking in to Malaysia Hall it's straight to sight seeing.
(now I can't really remember what we went to first so I just put pics randomly)
Big Ben and House of Parliment or Westminster Palace.
Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park
Mind me for not having a camera and the fact that I forgot to bring my charger make picture taking very minimal.
We also went to check out Imperial College Campus, Science Museum, Trafalgar Square and National Gallery, Harrods, Madame Tussauds, Ripley's Museum, Shaftesbury Avenue and Oxford Street.
Science History - Listening Post (Art project)

We pretty much visiting as in 'touch and go'. We barely go in to these places. *we enter the Science Museum and Ripley's. So this fact kind of annoy me... but I just calm myself thinking there's always a next time. Oh not to forget the Buckingham Palace. Even in the scorching sun rays, I did enjoyed walking around even if in the hot. As you all know my skin is relatively dark and tanned and I an avid sunblock wearer so standing in the sun wouldn't ruin my day.

Trafalgar Square and National Gallery

Ok, so it does take a while before my post reach Kelana Convoy Tour... but this is a start. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment