Tuesday 6 March 2012

Review: MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage

This would be the only proper makeup primer I ever own or even try.
It's been a while since I started using this.
I remember at first when I got it, I really liked it. 
Then I don't want to finish it too quickly so I use it for special occasion, then suddenly I rarely use it.
Then I was in state of mind thinking that this didn't make much different.
But after a while I make myself to use it in order not to waste it.
It was a re-discovery!
Suddenly I realize my makeup when on much smoother and I really like it. Now I wear almost everyday.
pic from maccosmetics.co.uk
Description from the MAC website:-
An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.

So it already states on the website itself, that this contains a lot of silicone. So people with skin that is sensitive or 'allergic' to silicone might want to steer clear from this product. When I put this on it remind me of Clinique Even Better Dark Spots Corrector,
 make my skin feel really smooth *it's because of the silicone*
So the silicone would help provide a smooth canvas to put on foundation smoothly and evenly. 

Appearance wise I would say it's better although not so obvious, 
feel is much much better and that I would guarantee. 
I can feel that it does blot away 'excess' oil, but it doesn't provide matte finish.
So if you're looking for ultra-matte finish, this is not it.
The texture is creamy, mousse-like and very silky and
 it does have a very very little sheen *NOT shimmer*. 
But no worries, it doesn't make your face shiny, it just give a bit of radiance and natural finish. 
Some might say it's shimmery, but I think they're just really like very very matte finish.

It has no strong smell, and it does not break me out. 
Packaging is fine, a black pump bottle. 

Price: GBP 18.50 per 30 ml bottle

In a whole I would say it's a decent primer.

Would I repurchase it? Probably, but I might be interested in trying other MAC primer. *since I am a MAC junkie*

 Rating: 4/5

ps: The Malaysia & You Gala a.k.a Malaysian Night is this weekend. I will post what I'll be wearing for the night but it's going to be after the event itself, since I would be busy, *maybe a tweet on that night*


No comments:

Post a Comment