Wednesday 23 September 2009

The Subways rocks!

Tak tahulah, macam mana aku terjumpa semula The Subways... setahun dua tahun yang lepas, sedang aku menonton MTV... tiba-tiba aku tertengok MV daripada The Subways , "Alright" , lagu dia memang taste aku, cukup essence rock and cukup bunyi ecletic, so memang enjoylah lagu itu...

Hari tu azam nak cari lagu itu, alang-alang nak download terus, tetapi, entah apa yang terjadi aku pun tak pasti, aku terlupa pula pasal benda alah tu... sampailah beberapa bulan lalu.... MTV ke V channel tayangkan balik video itu.... tanpa membuang masa lagi aku terus search kat internet download , checkout their other songs... it was a discovery, no, 'rediscovery'....

what suprise me is that this band actually originate from UK... I don't know why but when I look at the images of band I see USness... whatever... UK ke US... they're great...


band member(from left):-
Josh Morgan(drums),Billy Lunn(vocal & guitar), Charlotte Cooper(bass & vocal)

There's a female bassist... cool... kinda remind me of Ash's fe,ale guitarist ... but then the chick, Charlotte Hatherley (ok, kebetulan nama sama, the Subways 's chick is also Charlotte) back out from the band... so now it is quite irrelevant to bring this up... hehe...

Oh yeah, when I see Charlotte Cooper rock her heart out (with/out vocals...) she reminds me of the days when I used to listen to No Doubt, which was thanks to the superstar, Gwen Stefani who wants to strut her own stuff... they stop making new album for a while... (But I actually I heard they are on their way of recording new album... yay!)... Yeah... for a while The Subways is the replacement for No Doubt (despite the diffrent genres... hehe... whatever, I' just sayin'...)
Whatever it is , this band is one of my favourite... (notice I don't really write much about them... well just wiki them for more information and their website... duhhh!)

this is one favourite song of mine, 'I Want to Hear What You Have Got to Say' from Young for Eternity...


Suggestion for The Subways (my fav):-
1. Alright
2. At 1 a.m.
3. In love
4. I Want to Hear What You Have Got to Say
5. I won't let you down

I want to talk about Arctic Monkeys latest, Humbug.. but I haven't heard all the song, enough to blog about it... emmm... have already heard of some tracks... biarlah aku dengar semua lagu betul-betul sampai nak termuntah aku bloglah pasal benda ni... hehe...(did I mention Alex's new do's is soooo... comel... hehe)

Ps: benda ni dah lama berlaku... saja je nak bercerita balik apabila terkenang memori ini sambil dengar lagu the subways...
Pss: I love No Doubts as much as I love the Subways now... and I love Gwen's work...Please don't assume I have grudge against Gwen... yeh?...

2 comments: