Sunday 27 September 2009

why I want to talk about JET

I interested in JET , since 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl' from Get Born, so it has been a long time.

I'm not really into the retro fashion with shaggy-like hair and face, but I got to admit, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, from Get Born, does make my feet move and my head bang... hehehe.
This band is one of my Austarlian favourite after The Vines. Other than this flirty number, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, I did fall for 'Look What You've Done'... sweet elegy.

Rollover DJ also sound nice... then it just that, until it came back with second album Shine On. I do get caught up with 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is', but that is all. Then, I don't know what happen. haha...

So what inspire(kind of) to blog about Jet is since Jet is the Chosen One for Channe[V]...(for September), and I actually really really like "She's A Genius"... both song and the music videos (eventhough I don't really get the Chewbacca look a like.)



Anyway,Shaka Rock does have decent songs, like K.I.A(a.k.a. Kill In Action) and Black Hearts On Fires.

The video for K.I.A is also insane man... massacre dowh... but then entertaining... haha...

Overall, I would say I love Jet but it is seasonal... I can't be listening to Jet almost everyday... but sometimes if they(wherever, whenever) put it on, or if MTV or [V] put it on, I still can listen and enjoy it. But I believe out there there still a lot of JET's fan. To me, they still rock... and shaggy is really not that bad.


From left:
Nic Cester(vocal, rythm guitar, piano)
Cameron Muncey(lead guitar, backing vocal)
Chris Cester(drums, percussion, backing vocal- yeah Nic and Chris are brothers)
Mark Wilson(bass, keyboards, harmonica)

Suggestion on JET other than She's A Genius:-
of course I would suggest 1. Are You Gonna Be My Girl
2. Look What You've Done
3. Bring It On Back (FYI it's from Shine On)
4. Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
I just love the music video for this, 5. Kill In Action (from Shaka Rock)
So, I hope you guys out there enjoy JET more than I do (saja nak encourage, takut kena bantai dengan fans Jet kat luar sana haha...)

PS: Disebabkan telinga aku macam pelik sikit, aku rasa JET bagi aku 4 bintang dari 5 bintang... okaylahtukan... They actually really great. Cater to many type of listener(yang sebenarnya bermacam-macam ragam)
PSS: Sorry that the most of the suggestion tu biasa dan selalu keluar di MTV atau [V]... mesti anda semua pernah dengar...

5 comments:

  1. band lame dah jet ni..
    but still cool what..
    cool musics..cool singer..but not handsome la..
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmg dah lama pun, yg she's a genius pun dah lama, saja je nak blog psl diorg...
    takdelah favourite sgt jet ni, but they still cool, tu yg buang satu bintang je...
    bobo ko nak handsome je kan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. babe~~~i love JET tooooo!but not all songs+p

    heheeee~wawawa~bobo suke yg encem je?+p

    ReplyDelete
  4. JET in no doubt, is friggin cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bobo memang.... haha...same as me lah babe...

    yeah, if not I wouldn't blog about it....

    ReplyDelete