Saturday 8 December 2012

Empties #1 Origins, The Bodyshop

I can believe the semester almost over *another week then holiday!* I'm looking forward for the holiday especially since next Saturday, I'm going to see Big Bang Alive concert wooooooo!!!! Although the exam January does make me scared ~~ *seriously*, it mostly because I failed before ... erggggghh *last year literally break my spirits when it come to exams* continue on... I know it's been quite busy, so I didn't get to finish up my post so hopefully, I'm extra active in blogging during the holidays.

My first post on empties aka products I used up. This basically telling the products I used until I finish it, give kind of testimonials or comments and finally weather I would repurchase it or not.

 The Bodyshop 3-in-1 Scrub Mask

This does take a while for me to finish it. I just did a review on it, here
Not much to say about it, *even in the review*, just that it just not really to my liking.
I don't really feel comfortable using this and I will not repurchase it. note: I finish this as a body scrub in the end.




Origins Plantscription Anti-ageing Serum

This was my first bottle and I bought it after trying out the sample. I really enjoy this, and it is quite expensive but this was part of my 'Origins skin revolution' *lol* which has lead my skin to a very improved condition.
It just said that it's an anti-ageing serum and nothing too fancy and not filled with skincare science jargon. Nevermind how it work with lines but I definitely feel for it effect on skin texture and for some reason I think I breakout less if I had this. I definitely going to REPURCHASE this, *and I already did*

Origins Brighter By Nature Skin tone correcting Serum
This is supposedly to substitute the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector that I don't really like since it was silicone-rich and have not much effect though make your skin feel smoother *it's the silicone*. So since I am using Origins I thought why don't I give this a try and it does contain ingredients which brightens the skin, vitamin C. Now I can't remember what else. I think this serum is not that much of a miracle compare to Plantscription. It may have effects but probably quite subtle. It is an 'ok' serum. Now this has been continued I think since Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum, it's not exactly the same but I think since it's another skin-tone correcting serum why produce two. Probably some market decision done that *it's Estee Lauder, so no surprise '-.- * Nevertheless, I had tried the Dr. Weil's one and it's not the same but I think better and much much more expensive.


The Bodyshop Morrocon Rose EDT
This is definitely one of my favorite fragrance I ever had. The rose is soooo rich, very ultra floral, can be quite heavy for most people but I really love it. I really like those heavy floral *that can come-across as mature/ageing* fragrance, it suits me, my personality and it last long. I was about to repurchase it but then suddenly I realize my sister has it also.... erghhhh... '-.- I know it's her right have it, but I remember she's hating it in the first place. I shouldn't have problem to buy it again but I just not really into wearing the same perfume as my close ones *friends and family* even though I'm practically miles away from her for most of the year. Nevertheless, this is a very good one from The Bodyshop, it smell luxurious even the name also gave a luxury sound and if they come in an EDP form it would have been very perfect. 
The rose note from this fragrance last very long and I think because they had the rose for both top note as well as in base note, so you're not only getting a 'shock' from the rose at the seconds you spray it, but it also develop and you feel enveloped with rose smell after hours. I believe from the smell *from what I could remember at least * it smells a bit spicy so that's why some people or young lady might find this a bit too heavy or offensive. But again I love this perfume and if my sister ever get tired of it and it still available I might go get it. On the side note I just realized how much I love rose because of this so I got myself this fragrance in body milk form as well as in hand cream, so I believe those going to make a great layering with my other lovely fragrance. I should do a post on fragrance if I had chance. I'm starting to get into it and would love to share with you guys what fragrances I'm into.  


The Bodyshop Lash and Brow Gel
When I started wearing makeup, I'm not into black mascara *yet* and this clear gel is my MUST HAVE. Back in Malaysia, I don't find any of the drugstore brand sells clear mascara *definitely no brow gel as well* so it's like the only clear lash/brow gel I could find that I could afford, probably there's more but it is expensive eg. MAC. I can't remember how many time I purchase this. Now I used this before I wear my black mascara, sometime after black mascara to like 'thin' it out and it's great for taming my brow. Now since I'm at UK there's definitely more variety so I thought I would try others but then I accidently repurchase another one *in my stock* lol.



More Origins empties- now I don't know why I keep this, I just love them that I can't throw them away just like that... so it's good beauty bloggers/vloggers come out with this empties idea.
From Left:

Origins A Perfect World Age Defense Treatment Lotion with White Tea 
This is my favourite toner and I always make sure I have this on my vanity. It's moisturizing and my cream goes on much better after I put this on with a cotton pad. Probably since I used this for a while I should come up with a review.

Origins A Perfect World Anti-oxidant Moisturizer with White Tea
This was my first higher-end 'expensive' cream and I use this before first with Simple Soothing Facial toner and it was fine. Although it's definitely much better when I team up with the toner in this range. Both the cream and toner has change my skin a lot and I don't think I can shift from these yet. I had wear this for more than a year and again, I don't know why I still haven't get myself to do a full review on this. This cream is perfect for me all year round, though is warmer season or climate ie. back in Malaysia I wouldn't put on as much as in colder season.


Origins Make A Different Night Skin Rejuvenating gel cream
This is like a veryyyyyy old bottle... I don't know it's relevant to put this on this blog but what the heck. This gel cream really suit those who thinks their skin are oily but still got dry patches. Last year summer, I had a problem with major skin flaking *like dandruff* which I think it was stress induced and I team this with my A Perfect World and it really help to calm to outbreak and definitely reduce those flakiness and dry lines. I had done a review on this and sadly I believe they have discontinued it. It's such a waste because it was really good and it's different to the Make A Different cream they had originally. Origins has come up with Make A Different Plus+, I'm not sure about this as a 'new product' or just a  'marketing thing' they doing, but I had a sample of that and will make a post on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment