Saturday 30 April 2016

Review: MAC Lipstick in Chili

This is another review of MAC Lipstick. I admit, I am a MAC junkies, I couldn't help it.
Whenever I found a 'cool' unique shade of MAC Lipstick or even the lip pencil, it is so hard to find a similar/same shade from other brand.  One of those lipsticks are MAC Chili.





Chili on  lips and MAC Uninterrupted eyeshadow softly around the eyes
MAC description: 
Brownish orange-red (Matte)[Matte]

Price: £15.50 (Is it me or MAC lipstick has been increasing in price? - I thought taken over by big company Estee Lauder should make it more affordable... heh...) 

Personal Experience:

Colour:
I really like how MAC describes this shade and the name of the lipstick totally matches. For some reason I can imagine chillies being roast giving that 'burnt' colour.

This is a good mix orange, red and brown.

The brown in the shade definitely muted down this shade and totally matches my style. Until now I haven't found anything similar or anything close to this. On the tube you definitely see that it is an obvious orange lipstick but very muted and still enough red to give a vampy look. For me this is a new take on muted red lips or a brownish red. 

I can definitely pair this with soft smokey eyes or if I'm bold enough a darker neutral/earthy tones smokey eyes. 

This is definitely a colour to look for those who want a tone down red orange. Very flattering on warm skintone. But in my book, your undertone should not be the only thing that decide what lipstick your wear. Match lipstick to your hair, clothes or your accessories, nails etc... no rule in makeup. I believe as long as you have something warm eg. cool tone girl with a blonde or warm brunette hair or green or brown eyes definitely can rock this.

Texture and Finish:
Matte finish but not crayon like, not flat matte. There is a very slight creaminess to it but still have that dry matte effect. It is not one of those revolutionary formula light as air but it is what it is a classic MAC matte lipstick formula.

How it wears all day: 
This is definitely smooth to apply and absolutely pigmented like ALL of MAC matte lipstick. There is no feathering and no drying.
It last all day and fade into softer colour. Give you that extra 'effortless' look... like "yeah, I wear red lipstick everyday." if you know what I mean. 
Easy to remove and no stain. It is what a classic lipstick should be. 

So overall rating: 4.9/5.0




No comments:

Post a Comment