Sunday 5 June 2016

Review: Eucerin Anti-Ageing Hyaluron Filler Night Cream

Today I am reviewing a night cream from the brand Eucerin.

Eucerin claims:


Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler Night Cream

Anti-wrinkle night cream with Hyaluronic Acid for all skin types 


An advanced formula night cream to target and plump up even the deepest wrinkles from within.The formula of Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler Night Cream contains two different types of Hyaluronic Acid to target and treat all wrinkle types plus bio-activeGlycine-saponin, to actively increase the skin’s own Hyaluronic acid production. Concentrated Dexpanthenol supports the skin’s overnight regeneration process. Skin feels soft and well cared for.

EUCERIN HYALURON-FILLER

As skin ages, levels of naturally occurring Hyaluronic acid deplete causing surface lines and deeper wrinkles to form.
Each product in the clinically-tested Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler range contains a combination of high and low molecular Hyaluronic Acid as well as bio-active Glycine Saponin, a substance proven to increase the skin’s own Hyaluronic acid synthesis.
If lines and wrinkles are your primary aging concern, the Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler range combines a potent wrinkle-plumping action with excellent skin tolerability.








INGREDIENTS:
AquaGlycerinButyrospermum Parkii Butter,Isopropyl PalmitatePanthenolCaprylic/Capric TriglycerideHydrogenated Coco-Glycerides,OctyldodecanolButylene GlycolGlyceryl Stearate CitrateStearyl AlcoholCetyl AlcoholGlycine Soja Germ ExtractSodium HyaluronateTocopherol,Methyl Methacrylate CrosspolymerAcrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate CrosspolymerDimethicone,CarbomerCaprylyl GlycolTrisodium EDTA1,2-HexanediolPhenoxyethanolParfum


I gotta say, Eucerin provide one of the most useful website. They explain everything in detail and even include an ingredient dictionary. They also have this detailed list of what cream to use instead of the usual "Are you oily? Normal? or Dry?" :-

So now we don't have to be confused by the variety of product they offer.


This is a very rich night cream that is very suitable for very dry and dehydrated skin.
The reason I bought this in the past despite having oily acne prone skin was because I suddenly start experience dry flaky skin. This was before I use glycolic actively and was on daily BP gel.
The idea of hyaluronic acid for hydration was relatively new to me and I don't even know about the hype on Hyaluron that time.
So I just pick this up without looking into different brands. Unfortunately, looking at the ingredient, this is not the cream if you seeking for a hardcore 'Hyaluronic Acid' product.





Personal experience:

Colour: Off white cream

Texture: Rich and buttery and almost balm like.

I use this at night on top of my usual moisturizer whenever I feel it's not enough.
To be honest I was worry because this is way too creamy to suit my skin type but I admit I love this type of cream. So I always use sparingly to suit my oily skin.
The only issue I am starting to be cautious about now is the shea butter. The texture and smell the cream is definitely 'reeks' shea butter which is top in the ingredient list.
I usually tolerate quite well with shea butter but I think this might contain too much shea butter. And it does not help that I change my other cream with something that contain shea butter as well.
I never got break out from this. There was time I notice one two very tiny whitehead, which I presumed happen when I used too much. But it is not too bad... it is not a full blown pimple as usually by that evening after washing they literally vanish no bleed whatsoever.
After learning about the not so good thing about shea butter I want to be a bit more careful and I think I should avoid using this on the face.

Now having said that, this really felt good on skin, I cannot deny. It smooth out and hydrate all the dry patches and flakyness. 
Foundation just applied so smooth and give a good glow. I love using this when I applied makeup on my friends and when I experimenting with base makeup. 

I can't really comment about the plumping effect, if there is maybe it's not too significant... especially for me which has quite a 'puffy' face and I don't really have lines that too deep.

I still think this is a good product if you have no issue with shea butter and you don't mind the 'grease' look.
There is no problem wearing this even in the day and wear sunscreen on top. You can also use it selectively on areas with dry patches/flake like a skin balm.

Now this does belong a more 'mature' range in Eucerin, so it quite expensive for a drugstore cream... well I think generally Eucerin is quite on pricey side at Boots. So I would leave this cream as a last resort, because I think you might find cream with shea butter+ hyaluronic acid combination with cheaper price tag.

Price: GBP 26.00 for 50 ml

Overall rating : 3.7/5.0

And
 Happy Fasting to all Muslim whose welcoming the Ramadhan!



No comments:

Post a Comment