Saturday 18 June 2016

Simple Midtone Orange Lipstick

I am no good with bright lipstick, but I could not help being attracted to it especially ORANGE believing that I might be able to carry it off. I have searched and searched for the best way to wear orange lipstick, googling for tutorials and celebrities pictures that can inspired me and without looking too dramatic.

Alas, the only way I found best is definitely to keep it simple.
It really depends on your skin tone, the orange you choose and the effect you want.
I want to have that edgy effect of orange in a elegant way.

Inspiration:
after seeing Tessa Thompson, I have sudden urge to wear my orange lipstick more often

I am not really into that ultra sexy bronze goddess look that would be achievable with warm gold bronzy smokey eyes, this look is what most tutorials and celebrities go for . But it is just too much for me, the orange is already bright enough for me. In addition to that, matching clothes and headscarf would be very tricky. You can go bright and light if you're up for it. But I really think the best colour to wear is definitely black like how you love the contrast in girls with dark black hair.

So I am just sharing with you guys how I would wear a midtone orange lipstick especially now that we're in spring/summer.


I opt for a dark brown headscarf instead of black just because of the top I am wearing and that there is no black at all in this outfit. But I tried before with black outfit and it probably match the best.










Base makeup: 
Wear foundation that match your skin and conceal as needed. 

Cheeks:
I definitely avoid blusher even the peachy one. It might look good but just not my style. I just go for bit of bronzers. Contour and sheer highlight as usual. 

EYES:
Just kept the lid bare, with just foundation/concealer or matte skintone eyeshadow.
Then contour slightly on crease and outer corner of the eyes.
I also put a bit of nude liner in waterline and sheer shimmer on inner corner for brightening 
Then the BLACK eyeliners. Go thicker if you want bolder. I definitely think a bit flick at the end compliment this look.

LIPS:
 Lined with orange lipliner followed by a midtone orange lipstick, a bit more toned down orange. I used MAC Mouth Off lipliner and MAC Alibi lipstick. Orange brown like MAC chili without the red. But unfortunately discontinue? or is it just available in certain place, because I think I remember my mum still buys this back in Malaysia, it's her favourite. On her fairer skin it looks like a mature brown orange. On me it can look a bit clownish, hence a bit tricky to wear. Generally orange can look too bright and clownish on me. My orange need some brown in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment