Tuesday 22 June 2010

annoyed by the crowd....Arctic Monkeys: My Propeller...

Alright, I was youtubing (one of my favourite online activities) and suddenly I remember that Arctic Monkeys already release their third single from Humbug music videos, My Propeller. So I search on youtue for the MV, which I believe by now should be available in youtube. However, as I scroll down through all My Propeller available including performance, I notice something...
On the second video, Live@ All points..., I notice on the description, 'the crowd was a bit tame for...' TAME!??? on Arctic Monkeys shows? That makes no sense at all... So, I watch the videos, and yeah, it was tame, dormant, like Arctic Monkeys are a nobody... S***lah wei! worst crowd ever, people would kill just to catch a glimpse of Arctic Monkeys performance(including me) and they... tak tahulah nak cakap apa...
Arctic Monkeys kot! Why people are so ungrateful... (agak pissed off sekarang)...
Arctic Monkeys fans, try and watch this, and you tell me how would you feel?
(video courtesy from maestro416 at youtube)- Arctic Monkeys My Propeller NEW SONG! Live @ All Points West 8/1/09 NJ



Whatever it is, thank god the video uploader provide some explanation :-

"the crowd was a bit tame for a few reasons:

a) most people don't know who they are over in the states (a shame, i know)

b) a lot of the crowd were tool fans and were uninterested in much of what was played other than the headliner.

c) the conditions of the show were $h!T (foot deep of mud from lots of rain) which people weren't prepared for

d)Their set time was much earlier in the day than it should have been which = less crowd (there were 3 other stages)

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth. I was rocking out and I love this song/album and their new sound. "

So, at least there are reasons that the crowd is tame... however, I'm still annoyed...but yeah, it is all part of a gig, you have to set the right mood and all... but I bet, later they be craving for more Arctic Monkeys.

What I thought about My Propeller is that, the word propeller aBoldlways make me imagine a plane and a propeller, spinning and not spinning... but that is just visual ramblings in my mind...

Other than that, I just find this song dark (which count for most songs in Humbug) and unbelievebly sexy (yes, Alex Turner's style... I like..hehe)... and somehow most people comment that most song in Humbug, including this should be in James Bond movie.. which is to me, really make sense... yeah... it give listeners that spy-like feeling....I guess

well, the MV is really an artwork and I enjoy it, seeing them in black and white... and the style really fit the music. So love it! enjoy!

Arctic Monkeys :My Propeller

PS : let it be a reminder to all, I love Arctic Monkeys, and they are one of my favourite band... so ...

2 comments:

  1. who cares about the crowd babe?:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, shouldn't care bout the crowd... but they seem like mocking them... that is what pissin' me...
    apapun arctic rocks!

    ReplyDelete