Thursday 3 June 2010

Somehow I feel it is VAMPIRE season...

Okay, I don’t really think much about this, but since I read Star Mag about Vampire Dairies and on Twilight : Eclipse, and the fact I remember back in college, many people are crazy about them....so I just thought I have to say something about it...

Vampire Dairies(VD)???
Is it that great...???? Well, I haven’t watch a full episode of Vampire Dairies yet.
I do love vampires... I think they are the most magnificent fantasy created,

....vampires, dracula...

So I thought I should give VD a try... watch it once... who knows I might get hooked to it... I mean it is about vampires... I love that...

BUT, I don’t think I able to like them as much as I like other Vampires....
I don’t think that I will be able to fall for the vampires in VD.... I still remember not falling for the Cullens in the Twilight... Is it because I think they are cheesy, and seriously CHEESY... but I have my fair share of cheesy vampires... I remember I watch ANGEL regularly , and it was great, cheesy, but still great entertainment.

Is it because the lack of action? Yeah, actually I’m very disappointed with the action in Twilight, not sure about VD....
I enjoy Blade man, and Underworld, Selene is really COOL!!
So, now it seem I just love vampire action movie... so I would not like some drama like VD and Twilight..

But no! That’s not it... it is something else...

And then I think again... YES! That’s it!... sebablah aku tak suka VD, tak minat Twilight...
It because I feel the lack of Vampire feel...

To me those vampires in VD and Twilight are just HUMAN with a vampire body, even the look I believe does not interpreted well....
and characterization? I want to say disappointing, but that’s too harsh... I just say moderate...
Yes, I know they want to promote ‘Vampire with the Human Soul’... but their ‘s are too human... and very less vampire... *boring* ... not thrilling at all...

Vampires should be beautiful.... But also VICIOUS and UNHUMAN....
In short, the Cullen look too pale, but not vicious....
Vampire Dairies , I always mistakes the brothers as the duo in Supernatural, they should be a vampire slayers intead of one... there are nothing too vampire about them... I guess they are just too human beautiful... ( I Guess that is why many people like them so much) but then they don’t give that EERIE , PECULIAR feeling that we should experience as vampire fans...


From above left: The 1st and 2nd are Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula played by Gary Oldman, the 3rd and 4th from Angel played by David Boreanaz, Below : All 4 from Interview with the Vampire, Claudia played by Kirsten Dunst, Louis played by Brad Pitt, and the last two are Lestat played by Tom Cruise.
That is how a vampire should really look like.

Vampire can be KIND but not HERO-like...
I cannot really describe how a vampire character should feel or how to portray themselves... but at least to me, a vampire with a human soul should feel lonely, helpless despite their physical ability, longing to die actually, TORTURED... and they never really think of being the HERO, even though they have the human soul, they don’t really feel that they are any better than other vampires...

And this is what I really feel from watching Interview With The Vampire
Cast : Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Kirsten Dunst


I was really upset when Star says that An Interview with A Vampire was a total mis-cast... S***lah wei! It is probably one of the best vampires movie I have watch. (and I actually looking for Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles ..)

The movie really show how truly a vampire would feel... it tells a story of a vampire, Louis played by Brad Pitt being interviewed. He tell the story how he met Lestat played by Tom Cruise that turn him into a vampire. Louis at first, detest the fact that he had to kill in order to live... that he decide to survive just on rats... until he met young girl Claudia, played by Kirsten Dunst. Unable to hold his hunger any longer, he took a bite of Claudia and Lestat saw this, happy he was, that finally Louis being true to himself as a vampire. Then Lestat turn Claudia as a vampire too, and the three of them live together. Claudia was loved by both Louis and Lestat, as a child but also as an apprentice to Lestat. But things get worse when Claudia decide to get get rid of Lestat and this has lead to tragic event for the three of them.

This was very entertaining, I felt disturbed by the scenes, sometimes out of breath but never tired of it... Besides, Brad Pitt... who can say no to that...


And the young Kirsten Dunst is really the kick, the extra spice I would say... I still remember the first time I watch it, I cried when Claudia burn to ashes, and it was also heart-breaking to watch the relationship between Claudia and Louis. Especially when Claudia tell Louis that Armand will take him away from her. Armand, played by Antonio Banderas. Their meeting with Armand and the Theatre des Vampires in Paris eventually lead to Claudia's death.
Ok, to tell the truth, it does feel weird to see Tom Cruise as a blond vampires, but he pulled it off and the appearance of Antonio Banderas... I can ignore...
5 out of 5, a MUST-WATCH!

Ps: I’m not anti Twilight or anti-VD... I just sharing my opinions, and about my favourite vamp movie... I just feel that, if you are crazy about vampires in Twilight and VD... you should also watch this...

Vampire Suggestion other than Interview With The Vampire:
Bram Stoker Dracula (Gary Oldman,Antony Hopkins, Winona Ryder, Keanu Reaves)

Queen of The Damned (Aaliyah, Stuart Townsend)

Night Watch (Russian movie) and its sequel, Day Watch
Vampire Knight (anime)
Blood: The Last Vampire (anime and the movie adaptation)
Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Maybe I would give Twilight saga and Vampire Dairies a chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment