Friday 12 November 2010

Organizing 'my' makeup bag...and travelling with makeup


Finally, I manage to find time to blog...
well, this is a post that I was trying to put ages ago, but I can't seem to find time.... *sucks

it is about makeup bag, unless you are a makeup artist you will just get a medium sized to large sized bag just like me, instead of makeup box that MUA usually use... hehe...

the situation is, I buy this kind of bag,
with some pockets for brush and pencil and then a large space? for what?
to throw in all my eyeshadows, blush and lipstick... and you will get this:-



unorganized and messy...
(doesn't matter how manby time you try to organize it will always end up like this)

yeah, I thought about buying a true makeup box, with all the drawers and section...
but that's the thing, it is expensive (meaning I don't want to spend money on it) and I don't have that much makeup to be at that level...

I believe all my makeups fits in that RM8.00 beg...
it is just hard to find something and it is just makes me take MORE MORE time to do my makeup *not good

I was trying really hard to find a bag like this but with pockets and section...
unfortunately, I couldn't...
then, it struck me, why I don't just sew pockets in the bag?
I know it sound lame especially not being good in sewing... but when you think about it... it is much easier... than to spend up to RM50 trying to find this ultimate makeup bag.

So I just get some cloth (I tear a t-shirt), and just sew on the bag..
*I don't really know how to explain what I did
The bottom line is I just sew it to divide the space into section.
now I have three sections which are for ;
1. eyeshadow
2. blusher
3. lipstick.

the section for blusher include all my compact (powder).
so normally my bag look like this..
well, sometime, some of these are out somewhere...
ok tak?





stuff like my primer, concealer and liquid foundation is out of the bag, since these are the main things I use every day...
the problem is when I am going somewhere... and I want to bring everything...
I just put these in the bags on top of these section
*it doesn't matter since it is just for travelling and the bag fit...
the picture above still have more space..

so, this is how it looks:-


Love it! and it is not that heavy!

However, it is a reminder when you are travelling on plane...

I mean I can just bring a big bag for skincare and my makeup bag if I am travelling by car or bus...
but for flight? it is a whole different story, especially when you are travelling with hand luggage only *no check in luggage

I am still working it out... I believe what they *security in airport* emphasis on is
the amount of liquid you bring...
so usually, I put my liquid foundation in the clear plastic bag with other creams and etc and
I bring another makeup bag that have my powder and stuff...

I never bring this makeup bag in a hand luggage yet, but I hope to bring it when I am visiting Mainland again this winter...
since I am going to stay there longer *more than 3 days... I have to bring ALL .
I think it will work out... InsyaAllah

Ps: I have been to Cardiff, Leeds and Nottingham... so maybe I'll start blogging about these place I have been to... of course most of it about meeting my dearest friends... I miss you guys!!
Pss: Since I don't have a camera, I just use camera on my phone *which is not that good... just check out facebook... there are pictures there...

No comments:

Post a Comment