Thursday 31 March 2011

New Mirror ... it does make a difference (ARGOS)

What I dislike most about my en suite room at Elms Village is the fact that they had a big mirror in the private toilet but very small sink. So even if I really love the mirror which is really big enough but I still have to run back and forth with my makeup to put it on.
I can't keep my makeup in the toilet there isn't much space.

Sorry about the messiness...

I prefer to do my makeup while seating and lighting is really important for me.
Back at home I had a mirror paste on a cupboard that make me face the pendaflour light (the pendaflour light in my is hang on the side of the wall instead of on the ceiling. At KMB we had study light which is at our study table. In my room here in Elms, we also got study light at the table but the problem is I got no mirror.
So at first, I always wanted to get a mirror with a stand from Argos, but I never got it. I end up buy the smaller mirror for a pound at Poundland. At first, I got no problem with, until I realize it is damn small. Probably I got a big head but I was annoyed by how small the mirror is. I even put a few books under the tiny mirror to give it height.
So when my allowance is in, I just go crazy buying stuff I never got a chance to, extra pillow, extra towel... dumbells... all this are from Argos, suddenly I remember about the mirror I once thought about buying.
So I got the new mirror and I am really happy about it. It's 3.99pound and its is BIG... not huge but big. Big enough for me not to be annoyed but not too big that I could put it on the table and I don't need books under it to give it height.

From the picture you can see the different in size. After getting the mirror, I seriously realize how easy I am applying makeup and how clear my makeup application is. Now I don't have to run to the toilet to get a full view of my finished look. I can even wear my headscarf with this mirror only. LOVE it.
So Argos Value Range Chrome Plated Freestanding Mirror
3.99 pound
I give it a 5 out of 5 for being a very great mirror for someone who really likes to put on makeup. Really recommended to people who likes to apply makeup while sitting.
Import thing to note for makeup application:
1. Mirror -
Big enough for the whole face. Always cleaned (not blotchy). I would recommend adjustable height and angle *like mine, so that you can adjust the mirror to focus on different spot or when you are sitting or standing. It is better to get in this size and convenient to hold/move *like mine, so that you can get as close to mirror as possible without being awkward position like when you are using full-length mirror. Well, some people are used to that, but I prefer like this.
2. Lighting -
Don't put makeup in the dark, you never know what you get. Okay, lighting is important, it will avoid us applying to much makeup. I notice that makeup has to be applied more opaque *tebal, to make it turn out well in pictures. Very sheer makeup would not turn up in camera. However, if you put too much makeup, it might look good in camera but too fake in real life.( That's where HD makeup technology comes in.) Good lighting should be directed to your face, *I suggest a study lamp, and not too bright but not too murky. You should be able to see the real colour show up on your skin with the lighting.

Ps: I'm going to enjoy applying makeup now... but have to beware as to not being distracted while doing work. Usually I will tilt it up *another plus point for adjustable angle.
Pss: Okay, I realized how much MAC product I have bought so I should be blogging about them sooner or later.... *delighted

2 comments:

  1. any tips on how to look sexy. i mean for lips like Angelina Jolie? please share :) btw your tips on smokey eyes is superb. can you do help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sexy??? erk... for lips, using lipliner and glossy lipcolour can make lips more luscious and full. But if you notice, jolie's lips are usually matte... *probably because her lips naturally full... deeper colour of red and plums definitely more sexy. thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete