Saturday 5 March 2011

New Model/Victim~~ and Kelas Kemahiran Helwa

It has been a while since I update on makeup label.
I even still have a draft that haven't been posted yet.

So this morning I joined the 'kelas kemahiran' organised by Helwa QMC.
This class include cake decoration, headscarf style, muslimah clothing and makeup application.
Guess what? I was invited as 'teacher' for the makeup session. *wow!
In a way I feel nervous because I never had professional training and I never even went to makeup/grooming class, so I felt I was in wrong place.
But I guess my small passion (including the fact that I did talk about makeup when introducing myself at QMC reception) has give me the confidence to share my 'knowledge' as well as opinion in makeup.

It has been a while since I put makeup on someone else (but then the only person who always got a free makeover from is my sis, miss my main model). I was quite worry cause no one seem interested to be my model for the class, until the day K Pipot come and visit a few days before.
Since I already try the makeup on her, it make things much easier if she is my model for the class (which she was).

So for the class I only introduced basic stuff and just added a simple smokey eyes for fun.
Seriously I was really nervous, really afraid of making m
istakes ... Alhamdulillah, the class went well.

My new model, K Pipot. Practicing makeup on her. (forgot to take picture from today class)

So with K pipot, the steps are:-
1. She doesn't have many blemishes, just a bit of redness. So after moisturizing, I buff on the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish(MSF) Natural (my foundation does not match her well, but if foundation was applied it would have given a more flawless finish)
2. Then using The Bodyshop Concealer, I apply by finger on discolouration (since I didn't put on foundation) on eye area, around nose and cheeks (her cheeks are red).
3. Then to contouring, using deeper shade of MAC MSF Natural with fan brush in the hollow of the cheeks. Then MAC Iridescent powder on the cheek bones. Then nude blush, MAC Mineralize Blusher in Warm Soul on the apple of the cheeks.
4. For the simple smokey eyes, I will just use 3 eyeshadow colour (I use L'oreal Quad) ; taupe, vanilla and peachy pink and all are shimmery.
First, the peachy pink packed on the lids from lashline to the crease using applicator brush, follow with vanilla for higlithing on the inner corner of the eyes and on brow bone, then the taupe applied at the upper and lower lash line and at the outer corner I made like a flick with the taupe. Finally BLENDING! Very important. Blend to get rid of the harsh line and diffuse the colour together.
5. Since I would like to give a more intensity I use black eyeshadow and applied thinly on the upper lashline and extend it more to give a more elongated illusion. On the lower lashline just applied lightly up to 2/3 of the eyes from outer corner.
6. Finish of with curling lash and mascara (I didn't apply mascara on her since it is unhygienic)
7. For the lips, I just left it bare since her lips look healthy pink with just colourless lipbalm.


Alright back about Kelas Kemahiran

Kelas menghias kek oleh K Linda. Since all the session are given only up to an hour, the class just stick to basics. All I learn today is practice make perfect and I still have a long way to go to make Mama proud (tunggu eh Mama, masuk allowance, get myself baking tools and start baking, hehe).
But just look at the picture of the cake that K Linda come up within a very short period of time! MANTAP!!

K Siti, K Syasya (Cikgu2) and K Tiqah (Model)

The class held by the 'tudung' expert went very well, and it did trigger my 'supposedly shutted down' fashion sense in headscarf style. In the near future I might consider wearing different style of headscarf.
The best tip: tetas inner untuk memberi bentuk kepada inner.
*kalau tak nak style yang melekat di dahi

The Class end with K Hani presentation on Muslimah Clothing.
*too bad didn't have any photo of it.
Credits to the catwalk done by the models.
The class was a good reminder for us all (muslimah) so that we are aware of how we present ourselves outside.
The rule of thumb is very important, its okay to style and makeup yourself as long as we remember not to go overboard.

Overall, really had fun learning as well as teaching... hehe

PS: Credit to the cook who serve a very innovative masak lemak kuning! *woww!!!


3 comments:

  1. woot woot bravo fana bravo!!! i dont have a blog to be a follower, but i'll keep visiting your blog, dont worry =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa.good fana! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to know that!

    Babe! thanks!.. heheh

    ReplyDelete