Wednesday 14 December 2011

Brick Red stained lips - Favourite look for now

For the Brick Red Stained Lips I'm loving right now, I achieve it using with the mixture of the Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Sienna #055 and the Revlon Matte in Really Red #006. I have tried this combination before actually but I did not wear it often,
however lately I started to love it and wear this look more often.


the whole look - it looks more casual in real life
stain of classic neutral red is a must!
left: Revlon Matte Really Red, right: Revlon Sienna





left: Revlon Matte Really Red, right: Revlon Sienna
Close look with flash


left: Revlon Matte Really Red, right: Revlon Sienna
Closer look but without flash
*oh there's bit of my reflection on the tube



Swatch with flash
left: Revlon Matte Really Red, right: Revlon Sienna
*ignore the dryness on my hand*

So looking at the swatch the Really Red is a bright matte red (blue-red) and the Sienna is more of chocolate brick red.
Before this I used Sienna for class in one swipe and it was more sheer and more creamy and 'wet'. So it is easy to wear and okay to apply on my dry lips.
In one swipe it give a sheer brown colour which is very toned down and wearable. Whereas the Really Red is for my red lips look which the look I don't wear everyday.

Before this I set this combination to be worn not for everyday look and definitely not for class, but I don't know when exactly, but I started to wear it regularly lately. The Sienna worn to its true colour give the 'creamy-wet' look and when patted it just look dead. With bit of Really Red make it more alive and bright, however the matte-ness still tone the look down. This make my everyday deep lips look more edgy and stylish. Plus,
I can wear this verstile look with any of clothes and shawl (headcover).

The look:

I just got the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation *finally a MAC foundation in my collection*,
my shade is NC42 which match in my skin perfectly. Since I'm doing this post, I thought about giving the foundation a try as well, and for now, I I love it. After a few more use then I can give a reviews. *I still have 2 foundation in queue to be reviewed*
Back to the look, after preping with my MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage then apply MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation NC42 with my Eco Tools Foundation Brush (a standard paddle synthetic brush) concentrating on centre of my face. The foundation is quite thick and creamy and a little goes a long way.
Anyway, assuming I wear this look everyday so I wouldn't spend too much time on it so I didn't put too much foundation on.
Even for concealer, I used the MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC35 in very little amount to tone down obvious red spots and a bit under the eye, using Eco Tools Concealer Brush (smaller version of the foundation brush). Then I set my base with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark using Bodyshop Nature's Mineral Foundation brush (kabuki brush). I apply by softly patting the product since I don't want to move my foundation/concealer out of place.




Alright, since the Lip being the focus of the look I went straight for it right after base makeup.
I use nude lipliner, MAC Lipliner in Spice. Fill in the lips and blend and defined the edges.
THE LIPSTICK:
Revlon Colorburst in Sienna straight from tube, wear it thick to get the opaque colour.
Then with tissue I pat away the excess product, took away the 'creamy-wet' look of the lipstick so my lips left with deep brown red stain on lips. Then softly pat the Revlon Matte in Really Red only on the centre of the lips top and bottom, using my finger and blend it into the previous stain. I would also defined the edged of the centre of my bottom lip and my cupid bow with Really Red. Revlon Really Red is really pigmented so a bit of the product would give effect right away. Then you have it!


Then, I contour my cheeks with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark using a soft dense brush with point end or dome-shape (Eco Tools Blusher brush). So softly brush the point end of the brush on the hollow on the cheeks. Then for blush on apple of cheeks, MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul using the Dual Fibre Brush from Etude House.

Then to top up the edginess, I want to put on deepness on my eyes,
I put on shimmery dark taupe eyeshadow (L'oreal Penelope Cruz Quads) on the upper eyelid ONLY using MAC brush #239, from lash line blend it upward toward brow. I make sure that it would not look too dark.
Then dark brown eyeliner on upper lash line, and on the one-third outer corner of the lower lash line, blend using the same brush. On lower lash line I wouldn't blend too much inward, just outer corner. Don't think too much about the eyes, so that it will look effortless. Lastly, curl my lash and mascara, for this I use my sample of Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells in Densifying Black.

That's the finish look.

One thing about deep-colour lips, it can wear off. However for this look, with all the patting and staining, it can still look good even though it is a bit faded. However to make this lip colour last long, I applied the lipcolour twice. After the Revlon Really Red, I pat again with tissue. When I'm patting, it's not only about patting away the excess but it is also pushing/forcing the lipstick pigment into my lips. Then I pat some powder on the lips, (MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark using Elianto fan brush)
After that I repeat the lip process again, straight from tube Revlon Sienna, pat with tissue and dab Revlon Really Red on the centre. With this routine, the lipcolour stays on longer, and as it wear off, it still have the colour and doesn't look too faded. Great!

Alright for class I am unlikely to wear the eye makeup, I will left my eyelids bare, just foundation/concealer. The least I would probably curl my lash and put on the my Bodyshop Brow and Lash Gel onto my brows and lash. And maybe a bit of black mascara, but I wouldn't use the Lancome Hypnose since I notice it doesn't last long and it is not really waterproof. I would use the Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black.

However after class, I would put the eye makeup as shown, and to make it last long, I use MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. Other than that, I would definitely put on the MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl on my cheekbones and bridge of nose for highlight and top with bit of Mac Iridescent Powder in Verve-acious, pat on softly. I might do the highlight for class as well
*well my class already finish for this semester so I don't need to think about toning-down my makeup*

For brows I am likely to leave it bare, only brush with clear gel. If I to define them then it will look a bit more dressy and lost the casualness as well the 'effortless' look *especially when my brows already quite thick and obvious*. If I would to define them a bit, I would only brush on small strokes matte dark brown shadow (MAC Showstopper) using flat slanted brush. I definitely forgo the brow pencil for this look.

The focus is the lips, however since it is stained, it can still work with simple smokey eyes and still doesn't look over the top *OTT*.

If you think too much about the smokey eyes and defining the brows and eyes then it would look too dressy, OTT and far from the 'effortless' look *it would look glamourous* and I can't wear that for everyday casual look.

PS: Winter is here, but there is still no sign of snow. Autumn semester is over and I just realize I have holiday until 30th January 2012.... I hope I can post more during the holiday. Other than the winter gathering PUISI at Ballintoy during Christmas, I haven't plan anything else.... yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment