Monday 7 May 2012

Review: Origins Make A Difference Night Skin rejuvenating gel-cream

I know I should be in exam mode but I thought I just want to make a quick review on this product... I just realize Origins discontinue it, or at least in the UK.... and I don't really know why?... 
So this review might have no purpose, but I still want to review it.. hahaa!

Now I can't remember when actually I got this, sometime last summer... after the exam I think.
I thought I blog a haul on it but I guess I didn't get to, hmmm.

Well I couldn't get the exact details on this products as Origins has discontinued it (no information from website) and I also lost the box it came with so I can only include my opinions.

I remember I was one of the earliest one to get this (it was new when I got it), since I did not find many reviews on this when I got this. I remember I got this to help with my dry flaky patches around forehead, jaw area during the exam period last spring...  I notice they coming up lately, but not as bad as last year, just around the outer corner of the eyes... *ok try to relax please...*

Origins Make A Difference Night Skin Rejuvenating Gel-creme 

The price should be about GBP 30.00+ which is standard Origins and is included in the Make A Difference range which targeted for dry-dehydrated skin. You see in Origins, in each range they will have a specific ingredient which contained in all of the products in a range. For example, White Tea in the A Perfect World range. However I find it's quite weird that this one product has a different active ingredient in it from other product of the same range. For the other products (toner, serum, cleanser, moisturizer) it would be the Rose of Jericho, but for this particular product it is Evening Primrose ... hmmm....

I specifically chose this product because it's for dry skin and it suppose to get rid of the dry lines.
It's actually an extra treatment which you layer on before your moisturizer... I'm all into layering skincare... hahaaa! What really attracted me is the formula which is actually a gel-creme... now I'm not sure which skincare style, Korea, Japan or Taiwan? But I was attracted to their style of layering multitude of products, which  is to cleanse then apply toner, milky lotion, serums (more than one), gel creme and a rich cream. It's a lot, I know! So since this was a gel-creme I thought I could imitate these skincare style.

So I use at night after serum and Benzoyl Peroxide gel and continue with my A Perfect World Moisturizer. You can go without another moisturizer but that time I was really dried so I had to top my A Perfect World and besides that I had to have my dose of antioxidant at night.
I remember it really clear up the dry flaky problems I had last year, and reduce my dry lines. It does say rejuvenating and I think they did mention that in the description and it makes sense since night creme do usually has rejuvenating/renewal features.

I really like the texture, very light and refreshing even the scent. I tried the other Make A Difference moisturizer at the Origins counter, they had a strong unpleasant herbal smell, where as this night gel-creme has much much nicer scent.  As for moisturizing I got to say I don't feel it much, I mean I don't really feel 'soaked damp' where I expect in a hydrating treatment. It says it can be on it's own without another moisturizer but I don't think it's moisturizing enough.

Overall, it's is a good decent product, if you think your day moisturizer is not enough to be used at night, this is a good addition to night skincare regimen. However, if this is still available I probably still would not repurchase it, I rather try another product because it's really not that great of a product. Nevertheless I still say it's a shame that Origins discontinue it. 
Rating: 3.8/5
(minus 0.2 for being discontinued)

Well since I'm at it, I think I should just list down my night skincare and they are mostly Origins product, hehe.

  1. Cleanse with Origins A Perfect World Cleanser (latest change, I started about a month using this product)
  2. With cotton pad, apply the A Perfect World Age Defense Lotion (a clear liquid toner)
  3. Apply Origins Planscription anti-ageing serum and focus on where I got lines, middle of forehead, crows feet area, mouth area(smile lines) between brows.
  4. Apply the Brighter By Nature skintone-correcting serum (which I think recently discontinued as well from Origins since I could not find it in the website and Origins also has also come up with Mega Bright, a new skintone-correcting serum. I will get this after I finish my old serum) 
  5. Apply the Ginzing eye treatment around the eyes using ring finger and pat it a bit. 
  6. Layer PanOxyl 2.5 Benzoyl Peroxide Aquagel on the whole face very thin layer and gently without rubbing it in. I would avoid area with dry patches if there is any. Apply a bit more on a active spots/acnes.
  7. Apply the Make A Difference Night Skin rejuvenating gel-creme.
  8. Apply my regular moisturizer, A Perfect World Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea.
Sometimes if I'm doing exfoliation/mask treatment that night I would forgo my PanOxyl 2.5 % BP, and sometime would exchange the Make A Difference Night gel-creme with Origins High Potency Night A-mins renewal cream which I received a sample from Origins. I would love to explain in more depth but this would be really longg.... But basically the above steps is what I do regularly.

So I'm not sure what's going to change more in my skincare, I would try my best to update as much as possible via blog post and twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment