Wednesday 23 May 2012

Spring 2012 Beauty hauls - mostly makeups!

Alright just finish my exam. It's just one module that I sit for the 3rd time so hopefully 3rd time is a charm, and I scored this finally... haihhhh...


So continue on... first post after exam, beauty hauls.


This season for some reason I was into brushes. Just thank goodness, I was not sucked into MAC brushes crazyness, I was spending more drugstore brands *cheaper*. and I would thank the Boots's 3 for 2 offer for this.

so I'm not sure where to start but since I talked about brushes, so let's start with that, again these are all in random order because there's is no way I can remember when I got all these stuff. This seems a lot *and expensive* but you see I'll just put up the retail price here but most of the stuff I got for free or discounted from store offers or my beauty card club claim *rebate* and note that all price in GBP.

So as you know I am a big fan of Pixiwoo channel on Youtube, I really like that Samantha Chapman has comeup with a brush collection "Real Techniques" and it's all synthethic brush and affordable.
The face brush might cost a bit more than 10 quids, then there's brush set for a bit more 20 quids and in set they got about 4 brushes, making this collection really affordable.
Real Techniques

Top: The packaging,
 Bottom: Brushes in panaromic view style  brush  pouch,
 from left: pixel point eyeliner, accent brush, brow brush, base shadow brush, deluxe crease brush

Starter set (eyes): 20.99
I admit I got this because of the rave on the 'Deluxe Crease Brush' that is an amazing brush for putting on concealer. The other brush included in this are the base shadow brush, accent brush, pixel-point eyeliner brush and brow brush. Then there is a nice brush pouch which is really great for travelling especially.


Stippling brush : 10.99
I was just really tempt for some reason. After watching a few videos using stippling brush with foundation and I was more convinced.This one is all synthetic bristles and supposedly 'stippling and swirl' method can be used with this brush instead of the traditional dual fibre stippling brush method which is just to stipple.

Eco tools brush is also one of those recommended by Pixiwoo and love it because it's affordable.

Recycled Retractable Kabuki 12.99
I got this for touch up purpose and I don't really like the sponge that come with powder compact. I used to bring my Bodyshop Kabuki brush because it has pouch but it's just too much effort that I had to get it out from the pouch so I have to get those retractable one. This is a good option because it's a good quality and cheap.


Touch Up Set 14.99
I think I got this in the Boots offer 3 for 2, and instead getting something cheap for free, I make sure all the stuff I bought is of about the same price so I save more than 10.00 pounds. Great! The reason I snatched this set because I was attracted that it has lip brush and lash brow groomer because I don't have proper one. Other brush included is the Finishing Brush and Eye Shading Brush which is great for under eye sockets and it come with an extra pouch.


MAC Brush Cleanser 8.50
Did you know how long does my brush take to dry itself after cleasing?? Days!! Which I found so inconvenient so I got this brush cleanser. It's alcohol base so it disinfect, clean and condition, plus with faster drying. What's greater is that it's good for cleansing between use since it's fast drying as explained by MAC sale assistant when I was at the counter.

As you all know I am quite a MAC junkie so these what I got.

MAC
From Left upper:  MAC Lipliner in Dervish, Prep+Prime Eyes #Medium Dark, Lipstick  # Taupe, #Diva
Lipstick in Diva  13.50
A great deep red burgundy matte colour, with enough red pigment since I don't really like 'too much purple' like Rebel. Finally a decent lipstick for the wine lipstained effect.

Lipstick in Taupe  13.50
I got to thank ThePersianbabe for introducing me to this lipstick on Youtube. I'm buying this so it could be a great day to day lipstick since it's not so 'full on' and also it's a matte which I always prefer. It actually look quite nude but a bit darker on me but it's great! I would love to explain more but maybe on another post.


Prep+Prime Eye in Medium Dark 12.50
I thought of getting the MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre because it's a better match for my skin but I hate the idea of getting another paint pot for the same purpose because then what I would do with my Painterly Paint Pot?? So I decided to try this one. For days I'm doing simple wash of colour or simple eyeliner when I feel Painterly Paint Pot is just too much but I still can't forgo eye base, this is great. It's quite sheer and the sales assistant explain to me to use it very sparingly and before my concealer or even under paint pot.


Lipliner in Dervish 10.50
I can remember exactly why I got this, I think I was trying to get a lighter brown nude lipliner *lighter than Spice* but the sales assistant match me to this which is pink one but I kinda like it and got it which mean I end up not buying what I originally want to... haihh...*I wasn't on top of my game that day* But, I'm not really into wasting stuff as well as  returning so I still use it. It's lighter than Whirl  and has a bit of sheen.



From Left: MAC Eyeshadom (Refill Pan) # Cork, #Print
Eyeshadow in Cork 10.00
Eyeshadow in Print 10.00
So since I got the Z-pallete *large one* I was only thinking of getting eyeshadow or blush in pans so it's more cheaper. So I got MAC Pro Pallete  Refill Pan in Print to add a dark grey into my collection and it has some shimmer but not glittery. Another one in Cork which is a matte medium yellow toned beige, great for subtle contouring since my Brun is a bit too dark.


Packed To Go: 3 Assorted Black Eyeliner 27.50
I bought this just because it's a great bargain. Three full size MAC eyeliner for less than 30.00 pounds??? Woww! It would be really perfect if it got brown in it... haiihhh. So this include the Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapidblack, Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved and Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline.


Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle 21.50
Definitely the latest purchase,  a bit of retail therapy during exam mode. I always wanted to get MAC skinfinish and when MAC In Extra Dimension come up with 'to die for' golden tone Whisper of Gilt, I really want to get it, but UNFORTUNATELY they ran out. I missed it. There's some stock of Glorify which is more bronzy but I don't want that. So to make myself feel better I got the Mineralized one, Soft and Gentle. I might make another post on highlighters.


Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Somptueuse #39 23.50
I got to say I had to get an injection of luxury at times and Chanel does it for me, that's is all.
This is a matte to satin finish, very light and airy and the colour is just a divine deep red and very much 'me'! The luxury effect definitely obvious with the amazing packaging with 'click on' and 'Chanel' engraved.


Origins A Perfect World Anti-oxidant Cleanser with White Tea 17.00
I used Neutrogena before and I love the Refreshing Cleanser *blue bottle* but it ran out when I was back in Malaysia last summer and I asked my sis to get it since I want to stay at home that day, but she got the Deep Cleansing (orange liquid) instead which is very drying for me. After a while, I just had to change it. It takes me to use it up 3/4 of the bottle that I finally decided to throw it, haha! So instead of looking for the right Neutrogena cleanser I thought of getting Origins instead since I'm using their skincare.

These definitely I bought because of the offers in Boots. Nevertheless a little comment why I reach for these.
From Left: Revlon Photoready Makeup #Vanilla, Revlon Bronzer #Sunkissed, Barry M Dazzle Dust #Old Gold
Revlon PhotoReady Makeup in Vanilla #002 12.99
I thought of getting a lighter foundation to be mixed with my very dark Clinique Superbalanced makeup so that it matches my face better.

Revlon Bronzer in Sunkissed #02 7.99
I was attracted to it's finish, I thought it would be a great subtle highlighter.


Barry M Dazzle Dust in Old Gold #24  4.59
I was attracted as a cheaper pigment, and Old Gold seems like an easy colour to pull of.

Okay I got to admit this post is quite compact... I don't put much comment so that this post is not too long...
Though most I would include ins certain near future post.


So it's summer holiday for me now, I have about a month in Belfast before I go back to Malaysia and then I have my trip to Seoul Korea in July so can't wait for that. That reminds me that I haven't finish my post on my Europe trip last summer... I'm lame at this... '-.-


No comments:

Post a Comment