Monday 4 June 2012

May 2012 Roundup/Favourites

So this would be my first *hopefully not my last* favourites/roundup post, it's basically some picks of stuffs I like/wear/reach for most during the month. Hopefully this post make me pay more attention for stuff I use too often or stuff I don't reach for or unsuitable for me.
I was suppose to post this on 31st May but for some reason I had quite a hard picking out stuff that I like/wear/reach for most during the month. At first I would want to make it only beauty items, then I was thinking like why not just add fashion/clothing items... 
ok, ok enough about explaining this post.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush for Foundation application
I have given up standard paddle flat synthetic brush in exchange to Stippling Brush for foundation application ever since I got it. Alright, I admit I jump onto different dual fibre/stippling brush foundation application quite too late... Most people would say the MAC 187 or stippling brush is sooooo oudated... now many is more interested in using flat top kabuki brush or buffering brush, or even MAC 109 instead of MAC 187. 
I hardly see stippling brush used for applying foundation and when I look for latest youtubers who used Real Techniques Stippling Brush, most of them don't use these for foundation. Actually I got this as the 3rd free items in Boots for their 3 for 2 offers and I actually plan to get the Buffer Brush in the set but I got this one first and thought about giving it a try. Despite the fact I'm new to applying foundation with stippling brush but I'm not new to the brush itself. I actually have another one from Etude House which I use for my blusher. So I give this a try with my liquid foundation and I really love how Real Techniques Stippling Brush work. The bristles is quite sturdy and not too 'floppy' which can really work my foundation into my skin. For my liquid foundation, first I would stipple and swirl the foundation and get a light even application all over my face, blending it making sure there's not streaks or whatever. Then I would stipple some more onto areas that need a bit more coverage. This tend to be my cheeks and chin. I love how little of foundation I used with this brush and it does not absorb too much product like a standard flat paddle brush do. I especially love to use it with my MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation which is much of thicker formula.  I'm not sure whether I will keep using this since plan to try Buffer Brush or Expert Face Brush or even splurge on MAC 109 but for now I'm loving this.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant

I admit I just want to feel luxurious when I got the infamous Eight Hour cream, and what's great was that I got this in a set which I got the full size tube with others products (creams, hand body lotion, lipbalm) for price less than the standard price for just the full size tube. I kept this by my bed side and always reach for it to be put on my lips and as well as some dry patches on my face. My lips has never been this soft and I felt great putting on lipstick or even leave with just this balm on. It also reduces the appearance of the dry patches ad flakiness around my eyebrow, mouth and nose area. This was definitely not a waste of my money especially when I got this at a very reduced price. 

For clothing items I found myself loving wearing this light blue chambray or denim shirt that I got from Primark in men's section and this light beige *oatmeal* legging jeans I got from Gap. 
Primark Men's *Primark hauls coming soon!*

Sorry you'll be able to see the wrinkled since I wore it too much
and it was in the laundry basket hehe.

I just cannot stop wearing these since I got them until I put them in the laundry. Sometime I pair these together which I love too, or I pair the light shirt with dark skinnys and the beige skinny with dark or black tops for my usual light+dark combo. 
I love how the men's shirt actually give this loose fit look and the material is really light and not to rigid so it doesn't really look like I wore a man's shirt. The colour is so basic and layback look. 
The beige legging jeans is really really comfortable! I think I almost live in these during May until of course I had to put it into laundry. It fit snugly in my waist with enough stretch-ability for my comfort and I love that it's not a low rise  *almost come up to my belly button* so I can stick my love handles in, hehe. Again this is just a basic since it's plain and I've been dying to get this skinny in this colour, finally I manage to have a proper one.

That's all for my May Roundup or favourites, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment