Saturday 18 August 2012

Shopping Haul - KLCC and Ampang Point *For Eid/Raya*

First of all, I would like to wish you guys Selamat Hari Raya or Eid Mubarak for all Muslims. Hopefully you guys and families have a wonderful and blessed Eid. Now I should have done this a little earlier, but you know me, always late.

Just want to share with guys a haul.... again... Actually I do want to post something else but then I don't want something related to Eid to be so late right. Eventhough it might not inspire you for your Eid this year but hopefully it is some other ways still helpful.

So it's been a while since I went to KLCC and I don't think I went there last year when I got back home. I like KLCC and Ampang Point because it's really close to my house and it pretty much got what I need and what I like.

So to be honest, I don't really have the slightest idea on what to buy, I was thinking maybe shoes, or some dressy blouse or makeup??? so my momentum was slow that time but nevertheless I still manage to pick a few items... some are specifically for Eid and some is just regular shopping I guess.

Blue strappy embellished wedges - Vincci RM 60.00 
This, honestly is not really my style but I really find the embellishment very interesting, there is one in nude beige colour. And actually I was with my sister, and I thought she should try it, and she ask for her size, but it seems they had only the nude in her size and coincidentally the blue one in my size. So when my sister was trying them I was like "go get it, it's less than a hundred ringgit, you can't go wrong and you love wedges... bla bla" to my sister even though that day we were aiming for like a more pricier shoes... then she coax me into trying the blue one, and she hit me back about the shoes being cheap and all. And thus we end up buying the same shoes but of different colour. It is interesting as well since after a while this year suddenly our mum are making uniform baju kurung for us to wear on the first day of Raya. So I think that's fine. And again since it's quite cheap, there's not much to lose.



Cream studded flats - Zara RM 120
Actually I spotted a really really cool spiky studded flats in black, and I almost want to get it. But then I thought of the number of black shoes increasing as well as I don't think my dad is going to be ok with spiky shoes. So I got this cream one instead, and it still great for me, since it's studded the whole front and it's not like those ballet flat, it's like slipper so more coverage on my feet which I prefer. It is definitely a good alternative when I'm tired wearing those new wedges. I like it that it's quite dressy and sparkl so it's kinda cool to wear it for Eid.

Next stop Parkson.

Leather loafers - Hush Puppies RM 198
Okay, I definitely don't buy this for Raya... it's too simple for me. But I always wanted to buy a Hush Puppies loafers. It's versatile, comfortable and I just love good leather shoes. After a while of buying Clark Shoes I realize that I actually prefer Hush Puppies. Not really about the design but it's nicer to my feet?  However I just love to have this since I'm already wrecked my tanned flats. I do prefer them in tanned leather than in nude one, but I'm ok with that.


So before heading to clothes section I thought I should get some undergarment, I do invest in bras and Triumph was doing some kind of a deal and I got RM75 off which is a lot! I just mention this because I just want to say it out loud like even though it's an 'under'garment there's nothing to lose when you buy something from Triumph, even my old ones are still look new and the bra strap aren't loose or tattered. The last one I got was like more than 2 years ago so it's definitely a great investment.

I always goes to Dorothy Perkins at Parkson because they always have something dressy which should be good for Eid outfit. So my sis and I working out through the rails *sales one first* and to be honest there's nothing amazing that we can find. But I picked up this dress, thought it look decent. It's an ok dress, the print look interesting and it was about RM 70. Before this I thought of short dress like skater dress would look nice on skinny but every time I try it just does not work out. But this one is a bit different, it is quite a fit but the skirt does not flare out too much. So it's kind of give a more streamlined look, like you're wearing a quite fitted long blouse.

Taupe dress - Dorothy Perkins RM 70
 Its short sleeve and the neck is quite plunging, but I thought I would wear this with a cropped jacket or blazer some kind. Cropped cardigan would be nice but I don't have that.


Rings and Brooches


Okay by the look of the pictures, you can guest that I got crazy *again* with rings. So I got these rings at Chamelon KLCC. I actually love their rings, some of my favourite wrings are from there. So I went in and take a look and they have like multitude *trays and trays* of thin silver and gold rings and I was like going crazy over them. . It's been a while since I saw rings sold like that, I mean we can't get that from Topshop or H&M so I really like that. I just got two of the silver one and I've been into these kind of rings and wear them stacked and mixed. I should have gotten more actually.

Then I got the one with red stone, thought the deep colour look cool, kind of interesting to wear it matching with my deep red lips look. It will give kind of bohemian dark look... definitely great for upcoming autumn winter season.
Then I just pick up the gold flower ring because it remind me of the silver rose ring I had, if would have be really really perfect. But I like it cause I only had gold leaves... and I don't know, I love incorporate floral into my style and this is not making it too girlish.
Then the blue stone, I actually would love if it's like those turquoise with black veinings stone, but I don't find one with preferred size, but I like this colour. Blue starting to get on my list, for some reason. It's not too dark which can be so predictable of me, it's a bit light shade but muted in a way. And this definitely look good if I wear with my blue face large metal watch which I always always wear
That watch I got from Bumcity and it's been 4 years and last time, I broke it *again* in Korea, but it's fixed. So now I'm trying to not to wear it too regularly since probably it aged and I'll cry if it's broken for good. 
I can't remember the exact price of these rings, but the stones one like more than RM 10  I think, and the gold flower one probably about RM 7  and the silver are less than RM 4 *I can't remember seriously*

Then I went to Ampang Point which is like less than 10 minutes from home. A lot of my brooches for my hijab is tattered  broken so I thought of getting more. So I just went to this one stall and got this, they are 4 for RM 10 or 5 for RM 10, and I share with my sis. So personally I don't really wear large  brooches at all, as you see I'm not really an avid follower of hijab's trend or brooches trend. I would wear my scarf normally as I do and wear like small to medium size brooch on my shoulder to secure it. Probably because I'm the type who likes to wear rings and necklace and maybe arm candies, so I would tone down on brooches. If I ever have big brooches it's usually from my mum.


Then of course when we get new clothes we got to get new scarf as well,  especially for our baju kurung. I had a problem because I don't remember exactly the colour and tone of my baju kurung, yikes! Nevertheless I still look around and found these two scarf at the ground floor 'Raya Bazaar'. Both are printed and they are cotton, I think, hopefully easy to manage.

Dark blue leopard print RM10
This is just a basic and I already had one kind of like this pattern but in chiffon. But it's old and kind off tattered so I thought I just get this before my old suddenly ripped. *but I love my old one more, I've seen many people have wore something like this before*. Actually I was thinking of doing mixing pattern outfit which I would wear this with my full checkered baju kurung, since both of them regular pattern, I thought it might work. When I got back, the tones is quite off... it could have been nice to have it match. Oh well, it still very wearable.

Peachy Beige Mixed print RM10
Now this is quite interesting. I thought it's definitely great to wear with plain clothes, it has a brown or beige undertone which I feel it's look flattering on me. The mixed print kind of off the roof, we got polka dots in middle part and the ends are like mixed of green, 'purple' thin leaves and patches deep maroon like almost like leopard print.. hahaa! It's hard to explain now. I was surprised to find this suddenly work with this plain beige embellish baju kurung I have. hahah! now that's a miracle? Maybe because the floral embellish on the baju kurung is small and soft, so that's why I think it might work.


Shirt with star print - Reject Shop RM 60
 Then we head to this store called Reject Shop, the clothes there are very affordable and some can be very cool. I saw a lot of printed *mostly floral* smock top and I would love to get it but I thought I might buy too much and anyway  I already have a number of smocked top, so I chose to get this. This is more to casual for me, and I think it's a bit different of me because I never tried this print before. What I really love is that it's like raglan sleeve and with boxy or loose fit, definitely my favourite fit to be wear with skinny. I like it's dark so it definitely will look great with my oatmeal beige skinny.

So that's all, again wish you guys  Selamat Hari Raya.
I might tweets my ootd at times *I should have done a lookbook, but I lost that chance now.* I hope you guys keep follow my updates and follow my twitter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment