Monday 18 March 2013

Hauls #16 - Collective beauty hauls: Origins and MAC

I haven't done hauls in a very very long timeeeee... and this by not any means proving any reduction in my shopping habits... *it might have gotten worse*
I bought a lot of stuff but I never really get to it, you see, nothing in my first semester and now semester 2 is almost over and easter break coming up... but you know what that mean?? EXAM is soon and not to forget I have club committees to be dissolved in AGM soon... *lots of work*

Nevertheless, since I haven't done any hauls for the whole semester 1 and not yet in semester 2, I leave some of my new purchases still in boxes or bags etc... *now that might mean I need help* with the thought I might post a hauls, it's creeping me up and it's driving me nut that I haven't put these all up in my blog, I mean that is the purpose I have this blog ?? '-.- *lol, I really need help*. but at the same time I do feel 'embarrassed' that I bought 'a little' more than I should have... 
So overcoming that, now I finally got to it. Now some of the stuff dates probably back in September 2012 so since then, there are loads I tell you, LOADS of sh*ts that I myself can't believe I have purchased. I have tried other brands that I'm not use to so I'm excited to share that. But I can't really include every single new stuffs especially clothes because I wore it and all, so probably I'll post it in ootds or something.

Looking through the stuff, I can't really post everything in one large post because it would be so freakin' long and I'll be lazy about it. So I'll do it in a few parts and try to include as much as I can. This one will be on my all time favourite Origins and MAC. Again I would like to remind these are NOT bought in one big purchase.

ORIGINS - Brighter than Nature Skin-tone Correcting Moisturizer, Ginzing, Mega Bright Skin-tone Correcting Serum, Super Spot Remover, Plantscription Anti-ageing Serum
note: those are the usual price but I remember I got these in sales and I also use my Debenhams Beauty Club point so I pay less than the usual, not to forget the freebies I got as well.

Origings Planscription Anti-ageing Serum 50ml GBP 60.00
So I ran out of my Planscription and I just have to get another one and instead of the 30ml one, I decided to fork out extra for the 50ml one and all in all, it's more economic that way and I know I will use this up. This have been my staple serum. It great on my skin and my skin does not break out from it and I always feel that I don't break out as much when I wear this regularly. This was one of the products that change my skin when I started on Origins.

Origins Super Spot Remover 10ml GBP 13.00
Okay I admit I was influenced by the many beauty youtubers such thepersianbabe and uglyfaceofbeauty that rave about this product. I was having extra 10 quids that time and I thought why not? So I asked the sales assistant about the product, like what it's active ingredient etc and it is salicylic acid, I was afraid. I never had good experience with salicylic acid so I was skeptical at first, but she went on how it's gentle but strong enough and it botanical so it shouldn't irritate much. Since I haven't heard of the beauty youtubers saying it irritating, I end up purchasing it.

Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins Mega-Bright Skintone Correcting Serum 30ml  GBP 46.00
I've been hearing good stuff about Dr. Weil's line for Origins and thought of giving this a try since I always on a look for a brightening skin-tone correcting serum. Now it was my luck that the sales assistant recommend me to buy this set for brighter skin *which I can't really remember the exact name* that not only contain a full size 30ml of the serum and including other stuff and for the same price as the single full size 30ml of the serum itself. So definitely a bargain since I don't even have to pay more and I even got a cute cosmetic bag.
It include 50ml of the Brighter By Nature Skin-tone Correcting Moisturizer and full size 15ml GinZing refreshing eye cream which is in a tube *very handy for travelling*.

Plus in one of the purchases, I got another extra sample tube of the Planscription serum *I love this stuff* which is in 15ml tube.

Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask 100ml GBP 34.00
I bought this mask in midst of a sale and there was only one tube left. The sales assistant told me it take a while to restock this and you wouldn't get the sale discount by then... so for me, at that moment, it was a no brainer... I had tried the mask using the oh-so-generous 30ml sample I got a while ago and it was really the best mask I ever tried. Especially when you have break out, it calms them down and really help with the healing. Got to have it, the full size tube that is.

MAC- Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, Lipstick in Russian Red, Prep+Prip Lip, Lip Pencil in Stripdown

MAC Lipstick (Matte) in Russian Red GBP 14.00
I finally got one of the iconic red shade lipstick in the beauty world. It was between Russian Red or Ruby Woo, I chose Russian Red because I was told that Russian Red is a tad more warm than Rubywoo, so again... a no-brainer, lol. Not only that, I also think Russian Red is a cooler name and this was Gwen Stefani favourite red lipstick, hahaha! Media influenced much? But I did also read some reviews and comparison people made and they always said that both differ in texture where Rubywoo is more of a dry crayon like and Russian Red is more creamy. I prefer the latter because I pretty much dry on lips and even though it's 'creamy', Russian Red still gives off that bold matte red lips.

MAC Prep+Prime Lip GBP 12.00
 What better way to perfect a red lips look than to starting off with a nice base. I always wanted this since I watch that MAC cosmetics video featuring Fatima on how to get the perfect red lips, it make lipstick last longer and stop feathering *very important for red lips*. I think this would be perfect for me as I am an avid red or bold deep colour lipstick wearer.

MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder GBP 19.50
 Another product I've been wanting to have and this is my first translucent powder. It would be better for me since finding the right powder for my skintone is really difficult. I tried it in the counter and I was satisfied. At first I thought of getting the pressed form but the sales assisstant just tell me that I'm better off with the loose form especially when I'm getting more product for the same price and she said I don't really need this for touch up. Sold! hahaa!

MAC Lip Pencil in Stripdown GBP 11.50
I am an avid red lipstick wearer but I can't deny I still covet those Olsens Twin-styled matte beige nude lips, I want those effect on me. But it's hard to get the right one, the usual nude lipliner I just afraid might be too light on me and the one I had in Spice can look bit more coloured *not the 'nude'* than I want to. I tried asking at counters before, but I don't know which switch was off in my brain that I endup buying a pinky nude Dervish?? So I just go there, ask for the Stripdown and try it. And surprisingly it's not too light/chalky as I expect it to be, it was the best nude beige I have, more importantly it's matte. I think this would work well with my MAC Taupe and probably the Rimmel in Nude Delight. We'll see.

MAC Brush 217 Blending Brush GBP 17.00  and 
208 Angled Brow Brush GBP16.00
I finally got to expand my MAC brush 'collection'. A blending brush is a must and I want to invest in a good one. MAC 217 and 224 are very popular and I end up buy the 217 because it was a bit cheaper but I thought this is a good start. At the same time I thought getting a proper brow brush since the one I used from Real Techniques is quite ridiculously large and does not deliver the finish I want on my brow.I went with the 208, since it says 'brow brush' straight on, so it was direct, lol. I thought this was one of the two that the Pixiwoo sister mention, but it wasn't *they mention 263 and 266*. Well, all three is pretty much the same. 

2 comments:

  1. great post *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely reply! hope you keep visiting here :)

      Delete