Saturday 30 March 2013

Hauls #18 - Collective haul: Nars, Ren, Clarks

Another popular brand I'm just getting into, NARS
From Left: Semi Matte Lipstick in Fire Down Below, Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz and Cuba, Pro Prime Multi-Protect Primer SPF30+++, Shimmer Eyeshadow in Ashes to Ashes, Cream Eyeshadow in Beige.



NARS Pro Prime Multi-Protect Primer SPF 30+++ GBP25.00
I've been looking out for a new primer since I'm running out of my MAC Prep+Prime. I was interested in NARS and it seems perfect that it also has SPF 30 with PA+++. It is so hard to come by a primer that has the same sun protection.

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Cuba and St. Moritz GBP 28.00 each
This is not really me to get a tinted moisturizer, but suddenly when I started to wear Origins Vitazing sample, I thought tinted moisturizer would be practical to have. This was quite a hype when it come out and I like that it provide more coverage than expected. But too bad when I first bought Cuba, it was a bit too dark to my liking. So I bought  St. Moritz just because I want to lighten it a bit. 


NARS Semi matte Lipstick in Fire Down Below GBP 18.50
This purchase is just simply an impulsive red lips purchase. I know I got a few already, but I just couldn't help it. At first I thought getting the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella but I thought it might be similar to what I have already so I chose this, as it was describe as a blood red with no blue, something new. When I got it it's kind of similar to my Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Somptueuse but it's more brownish. I was kind of annoyed but oh well.


NARS Shimmer Eyeshadow in Ashes to Ashes GBP 18.00
I want to try NARS eyeshadow and I was not sure what kind of I should go for and I chose this colour and I think it's easy to pull off but at the same time look a bit different. It looks a bit mushroom, but it's more of plummish medium brown. Some say's it's like a lighter MAC Satin Taupe which I agree and it's great because I don't have medium cool brown.




NARS Cream Eyeshadow in Savage GBP 17.00
Ok this is what I had hope MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque would be, a warm brown. This is the colour I thought I just can slap it on my lids and walk out the door. It's shimmery warm bronzy brown but not too dark so it brighten my lids. Now I'm not sure of its longevity and if I need to set it with a powder *hopefully not* but I will keep you updated.


REN Micro Polish Cleanser GBP 20.00
I first heard about REN from amodelrecommends and I like that the 'orange' range is glycolic acid rich. Now I've been a fan of DermTV Dr. Schultz and he always mention glycolic acid as the gold standard for exfoliation. Now I almost want to get the glycolic mask but I thought I already have too many mask so I opted for their exfoliator instead. We'll see how it goes and this is not so much a physical scrub like Origins Modern Friction, so I think that would be nice.


Now on the shoes!! I don't know why exactly but Clarks been coming out with something I would really really like. Before this I always think of Clarks to get a comfortable good quality leather footwear, but for style statement..? not really... oh well.
Clarks Lulworth Beach GBP 39.99 (after discount)
This black suede lace ankle boot made me almost jump when I see it in  the website. Not only that, it's quite pointy and the lace give kind of 'vintage' effect. Not only that the short heels is just good enough a bit of height but still be comfortable. I was actually inspired by Natalie Off Duty where she had this suede lace up Modern Vice boots in different colours. I was actually considering other colours and Clarks had this blue gray, but I thought it would not standout and black even though it's common but it can stand out better. I was quite worried about the sizing because past experience with Clarks, I'm always not satisfied. But I take my chances and I'm glad I did, the size was perfect and I don't even need a wide fit size. Happy!


Clarks Aintree Ticket GBP39.99
After getting those fabulous black suede boot, I was hooked again when 'grandpa' slippers is seen a lot on fashion bloggers/vloggers.... and again Clarks caught me with this leopard print. I've seen leopard print flats before but I never get a chance to get it and Clarks has open a pathway for me. It's so chic and can be very casual and you know how I am with leopard print, I just had to get it. It's leather with hairs so it does have the texture and sheen of hair, I love it! Again no sizing issue!


Clarks Henderson Cute GBP 49.99
Now last but not least....the latest addition *about a 1-2 weeks ago*! I can't remember how but I'm so glad I tried this out. Okay since I came to the UK brogues seems more common whereas in Malaysia it seems more as fashion forward. Not sure why but I always think I can't pull it off. Forward to the recently, I just thought I want to take a look at Clarks for a loafers because the Barrats synthetic one I had is falling apart. Even though I already had one from Hush Puppies but the styles was not quite the same. After I look at a few loafers they had I was beginning to argue on why I should get this or that... until I thought try another style and brogues suddenly come to mind *especially when Clarks is doing a lot of it*. I thought yeah, how about that and Natalie Suarez wears brogues *she's my footwear inspiration!* ... LOL, influenced much? To make it more interesting I chose the one with the cut out and weaving details since I chose a usual tan colour. I'm just glad I got it, it's flats so comfortable and it's leather, so I didn't have that 'regret' when I got the my Barratts flats loafer which I hoped was a leather. It look so great with a skinny and I can even wear this in quirky style, *look at picture below*....



No comments:

Post a Comment