Monday 25 March 2013

Hauls #17 - Collective Beauty Hauls - Illamasqua, Avene, Eucerin

Continuing the collection haul from last post. 
These what I got from Boots. I think I bought this in 3 for two deal, so the Eucerin cleanser is free.

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Cleanser 200ml GBP 9.18
I tried this product years ago when I was still in school but it was too expensive for me that time. I like that it's anti-bacterial, but also quite gentle in gel form, I never felt tight with this cleanser as far as I can remember. I'm thinking of converting from Origins A Perfect World Cleanser just because I want to get rid of foaming cleanser which can be quite drying. I'm still afraid if Eucerin Dermo Purifyer is drying but if that the case I probably try their gentle cleanser and keep this for emergency when I suddenly have breakouts.

Avene Antirougeurs Calm Soothing Repair Mask 50ml GBP 15.00
When I'm trying new brands, mask is usually the first choice. Mask needs less commitment because you usually wear it once to 3 times a week, compare to a cream which usually once or twice daily. I thought Avene would have decent mask and I found this. There's two version, one Soothing Rich and the one I bought which is Soothing Repair. I chose the repair because I just love something repairing or rejuvenating *same as my love for Origins Planscription* and this probably because of my acne scars. 
  
Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Makeup Remover 200ml GBP 12.50
Ok I'll be lying if I said I was never tempted to get Bioderma, although I did never get to it. Micellar has been a 'big bomb' in beauty world for its art of removing makeup and I don't how I was drawn to Avene's one. What I really like about the idea of micellar, is that it's a liquid remover without oil and it can be for the whole face. So I think instead of getting wipes to be used when I'm too lazy to wash my face and just want to remove makeup. It doesn't need rinsing and it's technically a cleanser as well, so wipe it with the cotton pad and spritz Thermal Spring Water *which I also use occasionally* and done! Definitely great for travelling!

I got to thank the Pixiwoo Sam for introducing Illamasqua for me. She has made this brand to be more approachable to me because before this I think Illamasqua counter can be very dramatic and I can't get myself to the counter but finally I went for it.

Illamasqua Highlighter Brush GBP 24.00
I got this brush when I bought the foundation... on impulse. The sales assistant apply on me the Skin Base Foundation with this brush and I'm totally hooked. Now I'm fully understand why people love using those small dome dense brush for foundation like MAC 109, it just buff the foundation into the skin like a second layer. But this one is better for liquid since it's synthetic, so the brush is not easily ruin. I'm sure I'll be using less of my Real Technique Stippling Brush.

Illamasqua Blending Brush 1 GBP22.00
Alright I think I got this online and I have no idea why exactly I chose this. I was thinking of investing in a premium eyeshadow blending brush and I was aiming for MAC 224 after I got the MAC 217. But I thought of trying other brand and Illamasqua stood out especially when this brush has a reviewer state "a superior dupe of MAC 224" so I got it, lol. This is synthetic as well.



Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation #12 30ml GBP 27.00
The reason of how I got into Illamasqua in the first place. I has heard great reviews on this product and especially professional makeup artist reviewer all love it very much. There was an article from Beautylish which I tweeted before and praise this product. This is claimed as BB cream, and I totally understand it. It is but it's just not label as BB cream and it's been around even before BB cream got crazy in western beauty world. Now that's cool compare to most brand that just re-brand their average even shitty tinted moisturizer as the highly acclaimed BB cream. So I got matched at the counter and I could never be more satisfied with their service as they listen to me in what I want, which is a foundation that brightens up my face instead of just matching my skin tone flat. It is light but it can give full coverage finish.



Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Electrum GBP 10.00 (original price price: GBP 17.50)
I got this in the sale because of the price drop. There was another darker brown colour which look nice as well, but for some reason I was afraid of the red shimmer in it when actually my skintone can pull it off actually. Nevertheless I was drawn to this yellow kind of tarnished antique gold and I'm always drawn to shimmery gold tone eye colour. Definitely prefer this colour than MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque. Great for simple eye lid colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment