Friday 16 November 2012

Black Smokey with gold accent *my sis*

I definitely take the chance to do makeup on sis since I'm home for the summer. I love doing my sis makeup just because I'm used to her face structure and such and probably it's time to branch out more. It's starting to get boring doing natural and subtle makeup on my sis, it's time to smoke it out. So I 'force' her to choose a much more dramatic look and she choose this. 
This  look is from Smashbox video on 'Rock n Roll Glam' (Sheiki Jeans Spring 09). The focus is on the eyes, black opaque eyes smoked into 'cat eye' shape and gold glitter on the inner corner. 
I pretty much follow the video as much as I can and we come up with this.

Steps:-

Mix two foundationRevlon Colorstay in Toast and Revlon Photoready in Vanilla to get the best shades for the complexion and applied to face with brush.

Brush (from left): Eco Tools Setting Brush from Touch Up Set, Real Techniques Brow Brush from starter set, Elianto Fluffy Eyeshadow brush, MAC #239


From Left: MAC Lipstick in Alibi, Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Crystal Clear, Barry M Dazzle in Old Gold, MAC Fluidline in Blitz and Glitz, Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow in After Dark, Silkygirl Duo (depot) in Emerald Gold? *not sure*, Elianto Blusher (pan) in Nude Pink


Then, straight to the eyes, apply black gel liner MAC Fluidline in Blitz and Glitz *regular black gel liner would work as well, but I only have this and it's great in a way because it is a shimmery eyes look* densely and thick across the lids and extend into 'cat-eye' shape (almond with flick). Blend up to the crease. I used synthetic small paddle brush *something like a concealer brush* and blend with Elianto fluffy blending brush. Blackened the waterline up to the inner part with small eyeliner brush. Finally top the lids and waterline by dabbing black eyeshadow Rimmel After Dark   and smoke it out more. Remember to preserve the 'cat-eyes' shape. 

After blending the edges the we can go for the gold on the inner corner. I used MAC 239 brush to pack and dab yellow gold eyeshadow from Silky Girl Duo and blend out softly to almost half of the eyes. To pump up the 'glitter effect' I dabbed gold shimmery pigment Barry M Dazzle Dust in Old Gold on top. 

note: I wouldn't wet/damp my brush to use this pigment *like 'foiling'* because it will lose the 'glittery effect' and be more subtle and 'sheen'y. So use dry brush.

I know my camera is crappy didn't manage to get good closeup shot on the eyes :(

Eyes finish! Clean up if there's any mess under the eyes by brushing using the foundation brush. Add concealer for dark circle and start to spot conceal for other blemishes. The Bodyshop Crayon Concealer in 08.

Set the base with MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark using face brush.

Subtle contouring with MAC Mineralize Natural in Medium Dark using a tapered small face brush and apply Elianto Blush in Nude Pink on the apple of cheeks.

Then for the lips I mixed a clear gloss, Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Crystal Clear with MAC lipstick Alibi into a quite sheer coral lip gloss and applied to lips with a lip brush. 

That is all. I love this look on her and it's actually work well with off white headscarf. 


No comments:

Post a Comment