Sunday 18 November 2012

Review: The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3 in 1 Scrub Mask

I have mixed feeling about this mask, probably because of the 3 in 1 thing it claims to, so I expect too much from it.
I was considering between this one and the Blue Corn Mask.
At first when I was there, they recommend me the Tea Tree one due to my acne problem but I was afraid that it might be too drying so I told her about my dry patches since I use Benzoyl Peroxide gel on my acnes, so she recommend me this one since it's more moisturizing.

The Bodyshop:-

This three-in-one face mask cleanses, polishes and moisturises normal to dry skin.
  • Gently removes dead skin cells
  • Smoothes and refines
  • Moisturises and conditions
  • Weekly treatment

The Bodyshop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask GBP10.00

I have had this mask for quite a while *which is not really good* but it still alright, hehe.

The oatmeal bits in it does help a lot with the exfoliating the skin and it's not so rough as comparison when you're scrubbing with apricot kernels something like St. Ives.
But I still have to say it's quite weird rubbing or scrubbing with mud... I don't really like the feel.

What I like most about this mask is that its' main ingredient is claimed to be honey *although it's not so obvious* and Honey always get associated with healing as well anti-inflammatory as well some claims to be anti-bacterial.
But sadly, I don't think I get much of honey goodness from this.



So it comes out as white thick paste, muddy with oatmeal bits in it. It does have a distinct smell but not too strong.
Like most scrub, it does have that 'brightening effect' probably due to the mud from the mask.
So I quite have a hard time deciding on how to use this, should I just scrub left it to dry or just wear it and leave it just as a mask? Plus, it's a pickle to rinse it.

At times I do feel some stinging on my face upon wearing this, not so bad, but then it means that it's not so good as well and it does not feel that great wearing this. It's can be quite drying and I'm sure I never feel moisturized after using it.

In a whole, I don't really enjoy this mask. I end up using it as hands and feets scrubs to finish it off. I don't really get an impressive result from wearing this. To be honest, I don't have many comments on this and that just show how plain *or bad* it is.
I will not repurchase it and will not really recommend it to people especially for the price. Though  people who like mud pack might like this, but I wouldn't recommend you to scrub too much and if you got it, wear it  as a mask, and while rinsing you can scrub a bit and that's all. From that you probably get a decent exfoliation.

Overall rating : 2 out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment