Monday 10 June 2013

Looks: Inspired by Dolce Gabbana Spring Summer 2013

I like Dolce Gabbana collection for Spring Summer 2013, it's quite bohemian, classy and colourful, at the same time very earthy. Since there's lot of colours, I can see how Pat McGrath opt for neutral palette for the makeup. I think most Dolce Gabbana makeup base on neutral colour with some alluring cat eyes. Pat McGrath describe the look as "Sicily-an holiday - sunny beautiful Sicilian faces"




So it's been a while since I post a look on myself, to be honest there's nothing much 'too' interesting in this look, but I was just playing around with makeup after a long while I have restrained myself because of exams week, so I thought I should just post this up.
The makeup used for this look
This is what I come up with:-

A little disclaimer here: Please excuse the quite over the top photoshopping, I basically  just 'glowing' lol... but I didn't expect that today is not sunny enough and my trashy BB camera couldn't pick up enough light. But hopefully it still give an idea of the look.
I list down exactly what I used and plus if there's any different from Pat's actual Dolce Gabbana look. As far as I know, she used Dolce Gabbana Makeup. You can get more information here.



Face makeup:
Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation 16 hr in 45 Gold
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Wheat
I mix the Vichy with a bit of the Clinique as it is a tad bit too light for me.
The Bodyshop Concealer Crayon in 05 to conceal any blemishes, under eyes and redness
MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark and MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark as well to set the base.
Since Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Wheat is quite dark I used as base contour on hollow of my cheeks, side of nose, side of forehead.
I set the contour with MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark and further contour on my jaw and kind 'connect' side of the nose to the brow and follow through the socket.
For blush I used MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze on the cheeks and I highlight the top of the cheekbones and my nose bridge with MAC Mineralize Skin in Soft & Gentle.
In Pat McGrath's version, she put more blush than I did, and she didn't mention any highlighter, but most important and obvious she also put bronzer on the the browbone as well. 




Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly on top lid only, and a wash of the Revlon Matte in Vintage lace over it.
On the socket, a bit of MAC Eyeshadow in Cork.
MAC Fluidline in Blitz and Glitz (the only gel liner I have), to make a quite thin, a bit elongated and flicked slightly upward. 
No 7 Metallic Eye Pencil in Bronze in the waterline. 
MAC Zoom lashes mascara on top lashes.
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown and set with The Bodyshop Brow Gel.
In Pat's version, she had a white wash on the top lid and this was more obvious than me. And I just realized she used a black inside the eye, when I thought it was something metallic brown *silly me*, although I really like the effect. 
(My undereye is a bit dark because I messed up a bit and I removed it including the concealer, and I didn't bother to put back some concealer, hehe.)




Lips:
MAC Lipliner in Spice all over the lips to get that almost peachy nude lips.
Top with mix of Revlon Colorburst in Sienna with Rimmel Apocalips in Nude Eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment