Friday 14 June 2013

Red Lipstick overview - My pride possessions (and obession)

I've been contemplating on how to do this post.... the thing is I miss the timing of making the post.
I wish I had done this sooner, now that my lipstick 'collection' has grown a lot it's kinda pressured to be doing a lipstick collection post... it was suppost to be a continuation from the First post  which I made about red lipstick... but then again I just made a review on my first red lipstick just a few months ago... lol

Nevertheless.... I thought this overview might be the first steps to get into posting about my lipstick, which I should since they're like what I crazy most. I might go crazy about an eyeshadow, but I go serious lunatic when it comes to lipstick.

So first of all these are my lips makeup 'tray/drawer'.
Lips makeup: Top Left- Lipliner and primer, Top Right- Lipgloss/stain/cream, Bottom Left: Red/Dark lipstick , Bottom Right: Neutral/Nudes
Obviously I have more reds and deeps compare to nudes neutrals, I just prefer them and they just sit more nicely on my lips.

So for this post I will comment a bit on my 'ultimate' red lipsticks and a few other red lipsticks, hopefully I continue on to other type of red or deep lipstick, my neutral/nudes and even my lipliner. I will definitely try to post individual review as well from time to time, maybe doing this post will remind me to wear these lovely lipstick more.

Lipstick and swatch accordingly
Order of lipstick and swatch (from left):
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #39 La Somptueuse
Nars Semi Matte in Fire Down Below
Revlon Matte in Really Red
Topshop Lips in Hazard
MAC Lipstick in Russian Red
MAC Pro Long-wear Lipcreme in Prolong
Order of swatch (from left): Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #39 La Somptueuse, Nars Fire Down Below, Revlon Matte Really Red, Topshop Lips Hazard, MAC Russian Red, MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme Prolong
So first of all my ultimate red lipstick would be the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Somptueuse and NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Fire Down Below. I just love these two that I still kept them in the their outer package. These are the two lipsticks which give me the feel of luxurious especially the Chanel one, and this Chanel one is the most expensive lipstick I ever bought and followed by the Nars one. Because of the price it explains why I didn't wear them much, thus have not reviewed them yet until now... hehe *excuses*
Nars Semi Matte and Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet

Ultimate favourite reds - Left: Fire Down Below (NARS), Right: La Somptueuse (Chanel)
La Somptueuse is a deep warm red, which I can't really describe exactly how, it seems warm, muted, deep intense red, but it's not really a brick red and it's not really a burgundy, it's not bright but it's not really dark, it's really the right balance. I can wear this freely day and night without any adjustment needed. It last long and leave a flattering stain.. The formula is really good, despite being matte, it feels light and not crayon-like which is the usual for matte lipstick. I felt like nothing is on, but it's there and very pigmented.

This is quite new, my first Nars lipstick. From the swatch you can see how similar Fire Down Below is to La Somptueuse, it's really by an accident. I guess, I just drawn to these types of colour, and my friend like tease how my lipstick colour give that 'gothic' vibe... lol... I'm flattered hahaha!. This give that deep intense warm red lips, but by comparison this is more warm or browner than La Somptueuse. It's a semi-matte so again it's not really flat matte and it's texture is not really thick, but still very pigmented.

From left: MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Prolong, Topshop Lips in Hazard, MAC Lipstick in Russian Red, Revlon Matte in Really Red.

Now to the other reds.

I was very disappointed when I first got the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Prolong, I thought it was at least a neutral red and could be my ultimate red lipstick since it's in a longwear formula... but it's actually a very blue red and it's quite loud *like MAC amplified cream formula*. That time I didn't really appreciate blue reds but I opened my mind now. I love how this look great in the summer when I took it to my last summer trip to Seoul.

Topshop Lips in Hazard is definitely something I buy influenced by this beauty youtuber Barbara, The Persianbabe.  It's not expensive so I don't have to think much when I bought it. It'a a neutral red and look more warm on me, although Revlon Matte Really Red would be warmer. This is more creamy than matte, but after you pat with tissue, it still give that 'matte' look. This is easier to wear since it's more creamy and I love the stain it leaves.

MAC lipstick in Russian Red is the latest addition, and I just love it for being the iconic red lipstick. Although I was hoping it is more warm. Again it's a blue red but not as 'blue' as the MAC's Prolong. I love that it's matte but not as drying as Revlon's Really Red. The shade is quite intense deep, but not really if you are dark. I probably will love this in the summer as I  did with MAC's Prolong.

I think I have mention this Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red before, so you guys can check out my proper review on this. On me it looks most warm compare to the other 3 reds.

As time goes by, I had tried out a lot more lipstick and I started to open my mind about lipstick especially the reds and deeps. Wearing red or deep coloured lipstick does need some attitude (confident), you can make it 'effortless' and classy if you more of a easy-going lay-back style *like me* or you can go for that 'I'm Fierce!'  or rebellious attitude. It's always hard to start trying them at first especially those with fairer skintone, but you just have to go for it. Maybe some *even your friends* might point out to you, you feel embarrass and it's annoying bla bla bla... but as long as you remember it's just makeup, it shouldn't bugged you much. If it doesn't work, maybe you're just not into reds and deeps, it's not meant to be, no big deal, lol. 

I will post another overview on the other deeps and reds I have and hopefully starting to review this lipsticks, which mean, I should also start to wear them out more often! *I'm so glad it's summer!*









No comments:

Post a Comment