Friday 3 June 2011

Smokey brown... my sister again! yeah!!

To be honest, I don't remember when I did this, probably sometime after I graduated from KMB. Yeah, the time I really go crazy and all out playing and exploring makeup. I realized that since I start studying Belfast, I haven't done much in makeup look post department, and the biggest reason is because I lost my favourite and only model, my sis *miss you.

I had great time doing makeup for my sister, she has the really really good skin, probably some darkness or discolorization under the eye, but other than that, her skin is GOOD! She's lucky!


As you can see, this is just a simple brown smokey eyes, as usual taken from pixi2woo, from youtube (Ashley Olsen tutorial I believe), but I realize that pixiwoo (youtube as well) has a more updated version of these brown smokey eyes.

1. As usual started off with liquid foundation, I use my sis's *since we are completely of different skintone and shade. Then necessary concealing on the undereye, even the lids, I would suggest and other blemishes. Then set with powder.

2. So for the eyes, to achieve this almost like opaque colour I packed on the upper lid with a eyeshadow brush, I did not brush it on, I pack, dab until the colour is solid. For this I use a quite dense synthetic eyeshadow brush. I use a dark taupe colour, applied from the lashline up to above the crease and I did not wing it out *almost like a round shape.
For the undereye using the same colour, I apply from outer to the inner corner, make it dark and very intense. I also drag the colour down more. The using blending brush I blend the edges so it give the 'smoke' effect, same as the lower lid. Then, using a lighter brown blend it to the edge.
Using a vanilla shimmery shadow, I dab and blend on the outer corner and using the blending brush, lightly dab on the upper lid on the taupe shadow. This will enhance the shimmery effect and also give more texture and dimension. I also highlight the browbone by blending the vanilla shimmery shadow under the outer brow, next to the brow arch. Groom the brow. *I don't use any brow product.


I finish the eyes with black eye pencil on the waterline and black mascara.Since this look is very intense and dark on the eye, I just use a pale nude lipstick for the lips. But sometimes I don't really like how nude lipstick make the lips look sickly pale, especially on tanned and darker skintone. So if the lips is too pale, I would put in a bit of colour, I use a brick-red lipstick, very very sparsely. As you can see, it does show up *it's not suppose too. So I still get very light pale lips but not sickly pale.

Then finish off the cheeks with bronze and nude blush and my favourite stuff highlighter on the cheek bone.

So this smokeys eyes is quite intense and wearing a intense lip can be over the top unless you are going for that look. I usually up for focusing on one feature like lips or eyes... but now I am interested in doing both. But I believe the look cannot be executed with this eyes. If I am carrying this eye look, I would definitely go for pale lips.
I might comeup with the dark smokey eyes and dark intense lips look in the future.

PS: I can't wait to get back to Malaysia for Raya and reunite with my main makeup model. Definitely will do a makeover for her. *excited.





No comments:

Post a Comment