Sunday 5 June 2011

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation

I started using this foundation about 2 years ago when I change my foundation from L'oral True Match and Rimmel Long Lasting.
I bought the one for the Combination/Oily skin in Toast,
price in Malaysia would be about RM 60.00
in UK about 12.00 gbp .
Price, I would say expensive for a drugstore brand but it is still affordable.

First of all I am disappointed with the packaging; in a bottle without a pump. It would be much easier if there is a pump like L'oreal True Match.

This foundation also has almost like a 'alcohol' smell, which quite strong, but it is not bothering me. However, some people might not like it.

I have a lot of blemishes so I usually use this foundation for full coverage. This foundation totally give the coverage I needed. Just a little bit of product can cover my whole face. Using too much of this can lead to caking, so have to be careful about that.
The shade also match me well. There are actually a lot of shades for this foundation so that's very good.

The consistency, it is quite thick and not too runny. To wear it, you have to blend it straight away.

For me, it was much much better than the L'oreal true match I use before. However, I would say both of the foundation is in the same level.
As far as I know this foundation never give breakout, and it does not irritate my skin. This foundation also provide for Dry-Combination skin, but I never try that before.

It stays long enough although I never take note how many hours was that. For a drugstore foundation I guess it is really good and definitely a 'steal'.
However, now I am trying out high-end brand foundation, but this foundation is still GOOD!

Verdict: 4/5
I have bought Clinique Superbalanced Liquid Foundation and it was suppose to be a medium coverage. When I compare the consistency, I realize that Clinique Superbalanced is more thick and provide more coverage. That's when I realize that Revlon Colorstay is actually a medium coverage foundation but the coverage is buildable.

Right now, I am really enjoying my Clinique Superbalanced, but I still love Revlon Colorstay. If you don't want to spend much on foundation I guess Revlon Colorstay can be a very good option.
I probably going to use Revlon Colorstay for my 'looks' blog post. *so I wouldn't 'really' waste my more expensive Clinique foundation.

ps: Too bad my skin is still really dry so putting on the Revlon Colorstay would'nt be a very good idea. I hope that my skin will get better soon so I can start making blog post about looks and makeup. Nowadays I really find Cllinique Superbalanced very helpful for my dry skin if I'm going out, but I still wear very very little of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment