Thursday 2 June 2011

Spring Makeup Haul : MAC makeup *online and counter

Alright, as you can see I did go crazy with MAC this spring.
Note to all, yes, I know this cost very expensive, however I am willing to spend on this because it's my interest, and to purchase all this I have given up on few things and I chose to be luxurious on this
*a simple example would be if you're willing to spend hundreds to buy DSLR, I'm willing to spend on MAC makeup.
Don't try to value DSLR with my passion for MAC or expensive makeup,
it's not going to work.
Another thing, obviously all of this is not bought at once, I buy a few at a time...
sedar-sedar dah banyak ... hehe...
whatever it is, believe me, I will put these to good use.

The items are list randomly.... some I bought earlier, some later. Some are online and some are from MAC counter at Debenhams.


Eyeshadow in Twinks(Veluxe Pearl). 11.50gbp
Deep plum with pearl (a bit of sheen)
Reason to buy: I want to add a dark purple *or plum into my eye shadow collection, it was a coincident since I was at the MAC counter buying something else.
For now: very very please with how the colour turn out on my lids


Lip pencil (from top): Spice-pink cinnamon stick, Whirl-Dirty rose, Mahogany-Intense reddish brown. 10.50gbp
note: I did not bought all at one time
Reason to buy: I bought Spice and Whirl since I am running out of nude lipliner and I thought about having a nude brown/beige and nude rose/pink. Mahogany is to experiment with dark brick/brownish red.
For now: I really love how natural Whirl look on me, Spice suitable if I'm going for light to medium brown-tone lip. I also the intensity of Mahogany when I'm trying the dark brick/brown red lip.


Blot Powder/Pressed in Medium Dark. 17.50gbp
Reason to buy: I can get to shiny when I use the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, so I want to try out their blot powder.
For now: It is a shade too lighter. However it is okay since I just use very little of this product after I set my foundation. I did notice less oily, but too soon for a verdict. Since I got problem with dry flaky skin right now, I haven't use it. *praying for my skin to get better.


Fluidline eye-liner gel in Blitx and Glitz. 13.50gbp
Intense Black with Gold Pearl
Reason to buy: I want to try a gel-liner, it's a coincident that I was at the MAC counter. I chose Blitz and Glitz since it is more interesting and more worth it to me than just purchasing just a black eye-liner gel.
For now: I am not sure about the intensity since I usually wear it over black pencil (cheap Babyblue eyeliner). This is because I have not master to apply gel-liner on its own. I am please with some of gold flecks which is more interesting. My default eye-liner product.


Lipstick in Paramount (Satin). 13.50gbp
Reddish Brown
Reason to buy: Other than want to try intense reddish brown red, I want another MAC Satin Lipstick other than Alibi.
For now: Sometimes can look too intense and too chocolate-y *like a mess I if I binge on chocolate, however it does satisfy my experimentation. Look really great with Mahogany as suggested by the MAC sale assistant. For now trying to find time to wear it, *finding it hard since I am on less makeup period due to my skin condition.


Pro Longwear Lipcreme- Prolong , Unlimited. 15.50gbp
Prolong - True red, Unlimited- Muted Dirty Rose
Reason to buy: Red lip is one of my all-time favourite look, so I thought about trying a longwear red lipstick that could last longer than my Revlon Really Red. Since rose tone lipstick is my go-to lipstick (class, casual and default look), I want something to last long unlike the Revlon Rose Velvet I have.
For now: I thought Prolong can replace my Revlon Matte Really Red but too bad, eventhough it says 'true red' there's too much blue undertone. Unlimited can look too pinky. Nevertheless I can still make both lipstick to work. It absolutely not drying.


Cream Colour Base in Pearl 13.50gbp
Pearl - Pale gold in icy shimmer
Reason to buy: Powder highlighter is my absolutely must-wear product, I thought about using cream to increase my highlighting longevity.
For now: I am happy enough with product, never look like I wear too much shimmer. However, right now my skin is not at the best condition to wear it *or any other makeup


Studio Sculpt Concealer NC30 13.50gbp
Reason to buy: Last time I bought this concealer in NW30 *the sale assistant suggest this, however I am not convinced that NW is for my skin, that I am an NC skintone, NW can be too pinky on me, which does not make any sense since I want to cover redness and acne. So I thought about getting the better-match one.
For now: Big Mistake!!! I should never bought skintone product online when I never saw the product live. MAC problem is that sometime the shade number is not parallel. The concealer in NC30 on me is too light. I wish I had gone to the MAC counter and get a match. Now I don't know what to do with two concealer which does not match me very well, especially when I have the thought of buying one at the counter this time. For now, I just mix both and use it, just have to suck it up and it is not my style to let things left not used... probably I will give to my sister after this, just hope t matches her.


231 Small Shader Brush 14.00gbp
Reason to buy: I want to try out MAC brush and I chose one of the cheapest brush. I thought about getting a pencil brush but it was too expensive *I was not ready to purchase it. I thought about using 231 for my waterline.
For now: I am very please with this brush, certainly does what I intend it to do which applying on the waterline. Other than that, since I have the Fluidline, I use this brush to apply it this and and softly.


So that is my MAC Spring 2011 Haul *nothing to do with the season, just the timeframe.
Certainly there are a few hit and miss over here and there.
I wish my skin improve so I can wear these stuff freely again.

PS: Buying these stuff does make me realize that I might spent too much. So now, I am in the process of saving my money, especially I will be going for holiday
*which my bad again, I did not study how much money I actually need...
to be honest, if I know it is going to cost this much, I wouldn't go for the trip in the first place.
This is how much I prefer Makeup.
But now, it is tooooo laaaatteeee..

sekarang cuma boleh tunggu duit masuk ...
*definitely going to buy a new Studio Sculpt concealer at the MAC COUNTER

No comments:

Post a Comment