Tuesday 25 May 2010

Not Eyeliner, but BASE makeup is the first step of Makeup...

Believe it or not, most people start out wearing makeup(like real makeup, Johnsons face powder and Lipice lipgloss are not included) with a BLACK eyeliner, or maybe a lipgloss.... why? I’m not sure why, but in my opinion, it is because they give difference to our look. Well in my case, as much as I want to carry off the black-eyeliner look, I was more concern with my acne-prone skin. Yes, I have a lot of acne, usually cystic, I rarely got whitehead but big red bumps are usual sight. So, I am more interested in base makeup; foundation, concealer and corrector. Most people say that acne-prone skin like me should steer –clear from makeup... but I think I can never agree with that... For more than 2 years I started to wear makeup, believe me, I never had any cosmetic comedones or acne. Even if I’m not wearing makeup, I still got acne... so at least I look better right?
But I could not deny that some people are allergic to makeup, some allergies are temporary some are permanent. Too bad for the latter, but don’t worry, I believe in this modern world, makeup technology have been improved so there are a lot of options out there even for the sensitive skin... So, in my opinion people should not be afraid of it... and did I mention that your makeup (blusher, eyecolour, lipgloss, lipcolour) will ONLY LOOK GOOD if you have GOOD BASE MAKEUP.
Okay, I have tried a lot of base makeup products, and all types... I can say I finally find something great, but I cannot deny I have that urge inside me that I want to try something else. There many things I have tried, and I really want to talk in details about my opinion about each of them, so I list it first:


Tinted moisturizer, liquid foundation, 2-way cake foundation, liquid concealer, cream concealer, primer, colour corrector, press powder, mineral foundation, ....


And another thing I like to say here is that, there is NOTHING WRONG with GUYS WEARING MAKEUP... especially guys with same problem as me, it is my dream to give introduce base makeup to guys.... I really hope guys out there open up their mind and don’t equal makeup with being gay...


Tinted moisturizer/light-weight foundation
First product I ever tried is the tinted moisturizer, it is like a liquid foundation, but it is more lighter and have natural coverage. Actually, I got this from my mum, it was Nutrimetics, and I really love it because it matches my skin tone very well and brighten up my complexion. Okay, due to the lightness of its colour, it usually very easy to match a skintone and it only serve as to even your skintone . It can tone down your blemishes a bit but it will not cover it much. It is one of my reason to ditch this product for a heavier formula. I believe it is very suitable those with clear skin (bless you), with little or no blemish. It also double up as moisturizer so I believe that can save you money as you don’t need to get a moisturizer. I guess that is all I can say because I haven’t wear it for so long. This is an example of Stila's... not sure about the price, I think quite pricey since it is higher end brand...
Continue to next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment