Friday 27 January 2012

Autumn Winter Cosmetics Haul - MAC, Origins, Boots

This is accumulation of stuff I bought through out Autumn Winter, it would be crazy if I buy all of these at the same time.

This would be done randomly order, not in any sequence, and some of the product bought at store and some by online.
ok let's start!

MAC
(either at Debenhams counter or Online at MAC website)
Copper Bronze Pigment, Redd Lipliner,  239 Brush
I bought these 3 together, but I can't remember what's the total however I remember I got GBP15.00 off for my rebate of having Debenhams Beauty Club card holder, so my trip to MAC that day was to claim reward.

Lipliner in REDD - GBP 10.50
Lipliner Redd: Clearly red (matte)
Reason to buy: To be honest an impulse buy, however it is very useful for me since I love wearing red lipstick.
For now: Totally love this, make my red lips look last longer and provide more impact. Redd is a real neutral, since my complexion is more warm-tone, it appear warm. Definitely not a waste even though I don't wear this regularly *since I use Spice for my 'stained brick-red lips*.

Pigment in Copper Bronze - GBP16.50

Pigment Copper Bronze: Super frosty copper flakes
Reason to buy: The desire to experiment with MAC Pigment. I was never interested at first but lately that time I want try the glittery makeup so I thought testing the MAC pigment should be nice, and I chose the most glittery and frosty, at the same time the colour quite neutral and easy to pull of.
For now: As I said before I want a neautral colour which easier to pull off and I was introduce to Tan first however I was feeling that it was quite a waste. So to kick up the notch a bit I tried the Copper Bronze which is great. It might be quite orangey copper but that blends well into my skin. Colour highly concentrated and very shimmery glittery however can still look natural in soft wash.


MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush - GBP19.00*compare to a penny coin*
#239 Brush: Eye Shader Brush
 Reason to buy: I want to get a decent eyeshadow brush for packing colour and the MAC 239 is supposed to be a basic brush to have.
For now: I have mixed feelings at first when compare to my Bodyshop travel set eyeshadow brush, it seems that the latter one can pack colour better. But fortunately as I get used to using this brush it gets better and I love it, especially the fact it does not absorb colours, like the pigment is not cought in the brush despite colour do stain them. Probably I will get the 217 brush or try another eyeshader brush like 242 or 249.


Cleanse oil tranquil, Chili Lipstick, Zoom Lash Mascara*sample*
Hehe, got the Zoom Lash Mascara for free, love MAC. I practically have not buy black mascara for a while since I always got free sample. I still haven't use it though, even my Sublime De Chanel. 

Left: Cleanse off Oil Tranquil 150ml -GBP 18.50
Right: Studio Sculpt Foundation GBP 13.00 *original price GBP23.00*
Cleanse off Oil Tranquil
Reason to buy: Since I've been using a lot of MAC makeup I thought why not get the removers as well and I thought my L'oreal De Maq Expert was running out. At first I thought about getting the regular one in small bottle so that I can bring it if I travel by planes, however it was out of stock, then I check out the Tranquil one, then I can't remember where my thoughts gone to but I end up buying the 150 ml bottle, hehe.
For now: I haven't use it yet, I want to finish my L'oreal De Maq Expert. But I like that the Cleanse off Oil is about the same method to use, which oil turn to emulsion method, which totally my style. It has the oil to really dissolve the makeup and and add bit of water to change into emulsion to get rid of the oiliness. It's nice that it can be use allover face.

Studio Sculpt Foundation SPF15 NC42
Studio Sculpt Foundation SPF15 in NC42
Reason to buy: Since I got like 3 pots of the concealer I thought it's time to get foundation. That time I got GBP 10.00 off due to Debenhams Beauty Club reward and I was checking the reviews and it seems promising.
For now:  I haven't use this regularly yet, but I tried it at store, even though I was not happy the way the MAC sale assistant applied it really thick. It definitely thick, not runny and is definitely medium-FULL coverage. When I apply it less thick it looks so much better. I love the packaging as well, easy pour the stuff out and easy to bring for travelling.


Lipstick in Chili - GBP13.50
Chili: Brownish  orange-red

Reason to buy: I want to add MAC red lipstick to my collection, I was disappointed with the very blue-toned MAC Prolong. I thought I want to get the Russian Red, but I afraid it will look very similar to my Revlon Really Red, so I check out Chili. The description was interesting the swatches I seen was tempting so I got it.
For now: I totally love it! It looks like burnt orange-red, like what happen when you bake chili. Even though I don't wear it often but I love it. It looks very red but very warm red, the 'burnt look' give a more muted and 'gloomy' versus the cliche 'bright' orange red. So this look much interesting and edgier.
Packed to Go - 6 Warm Smokey Eye Shadows GBP29.50
Limited Edition Online Exclusive: Packed to Go 6 Warmed Smokey Eye Shadows
 6 eyeshadow pallete with a mini brush and mirror
Top from left:-
Shroom: Soft beige with shimmer (satin)
Naked Lunch: Minimal pink with shimmer (lustre)
Tempting: Sinfully rich coco (lustre)
Bottom from left:-
Greensmoke: Tarnished olive (frost)
Stormy love: Dirty brown with green frost (frost) - obvious dualchrome
Showstopper: Deep blackened brown (matte)

Reason to buy: I was ready to look for another eyeshadow pallete to travel with other than the neutral L'oreal I had. It is really spot on that MAC come up with this 'Packed to Go' line.

For now: I really find this very useful especially when I'm going travel!! I mean all the colour are complete for eye makeup with highlighter, midtone, dark deep colour. It easy to work with and still have interesting colour. The mirror is big enough and useful and the small brush is okay too. It felt great that suddenly I have 6 MAC eye shadows at this price, nice! Plus the matte Showstopper other than great for contour it also let me experiment with putting colour on my brows which make this more useful! Now I use Showstopper for natural brows look.

ORIGINS
Okay, sorry last time I was too caught up with MAC rampage I forgot all about my ORIGINS stuffs... I am very proud to say that I am totally covert to ORIGINS for skincare. So I don't want to ignore my Origins stuff like last time ...~~ and probably the stuff I bought before I just going to do a skincare post or something *since I also forgot to post about that as well ...~~*
Left: Ginzing Eyecare 15ml GBP 14.70 (original price GBP21.00 -30% off)
Right: Brighter by Nature Serum 30ml GBP 23.80 (original price GBP 34.00- 30% off)
Ginzing: Refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff
Reason to buy: I was running out of my Skinz Infinite Eye Revive Therapy, and since I'm on Origins I thought I would like to give this a try. I thought about the Eye Doctor first since I believe Ginzing was like on the spot corrector that it does not really improve the eyes, however the sales assistant said it does, and that the Eye Doctor is more on hydrating but Ginzing can really brightens.
For now: The same as the MAC Cleanse off oil, I haven't tried it yet since my Skinz Eye Therapy is not finished completely yet. I tried it at the counter, the consistency is gel-cream like, typical eye-cream concentration.

Brighter By Nature: Skin tone correcting serum
Reason to buy: I love serums! and one is not enough, if I am crazy I going to get another one, hahaa! I used up my Clinique Even Better before and finish one bottle. Since the result was not that visible in correcting skin tone, I thought I want to try Origins one. What makes it better that it was 30% off.
For now: I like this consistency compare to Clinique Even Better. The smell is nice as usual for all Origins stuff. Correction on spots is not that visible but overall definitely more obvious changes. My complexion does get much much brighter, I mean the first time using Origins A Perfect World, there's changes, now added with the Brighter by Nature Serum it gets better. It feels very moisturizing and does not give me flares up.

Modern Friction 125ml  GBP 30.00
Ginger Rush Body Cream *100ml sample*
Ginger Souffle Body Cream *50ml sample* 
Modern Friction: Nature's gentle dermabrasion
Reason to buy: I realise my Bodyshop Honey and Oat Scrub Mask is not enough exfoliation. So I need another one and I thought about trying a very good one and Origins Modern Friction seem to be in the top list. The fact that it is rice-base which is very good for brightening make me more interested since I was really into brightening stuff. That time it was 10% off at Debenhams, but Origins website give out freebies, so I bought it online and got the the two tube of body cream.
For now: Definitely make my skin more smooth and brighter, but I have to be careful not to massage it too much. The smell is nice as well. The free body cream is great as well, it smells very sweet and refreshing, love it.


Boots
From left: N'7 Mini Metallic 'Beneath the Morning Skies' Eyes Pencil Set GBP13.50, 17 Clear Definition Mascara GBP4.69, Revlon Grow Luscious Lashliner in Expresso GBP 6.29, Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Charcoal GBP 6.29, Rimmel Soft Kohl in Pure White GBP 2.99, Rimmel Gentle EyeMakeup Remover GBP ??, Rimmel Proffesional Eyebrow pencil in Black Brown GBP 2.99 (not in picture, I forgot , urghh)
 I would say all the above are impulse buys. The Revlon and Rimmel stuff I know I get with some pounds off since Boots always has this 3-for-2 deal. But I believe all the  stuff are really put into good use.
  • The Rimmel eye-makeup remover is definitely useful to clean brush in between use and to correct mistakes while doing makeup, and it is much much better than the previous Garnier 2 in 1 makeup remover that was just horrible on my skin *I tweeted bout it*. 
  • I want to try cheaper clear brow and lash gel than the Bodyshop one. I haven't open the 17 Clear Definition but I hope it is at same level as the bodyshop one or better.
  • Dark brown liner is always a staple so I'm just stocking on this. The Revlon Grow Luscious Lashliner is really opaque and intense! And not easily smudge, but I'm not sure if it easy to smoke or blend it... haven't try that yet. 
  • The Rimmel Soft Kohl in white I used a lot for brightening eye makeup which I seldom wear, so being cheap it is suitable for experimenting. I use this a lot in 60's makeup. If only I could find a nude, should be perfect. I did buy this Fearne Cotton chunky eyeliner in nude, and it's rubbish, how the F*** am I suppose to line my water line with a chunky liner... ergh my search for nude liner continues. Probably I will get a lighter skintone concealer stick.
  • I also got the Rimmel EyeBrow pencil in black brown which also an experiment for me since I never really put stuff on my brows except gel. Sometimes my makeup look unfinished and at first I tried using the MAC Showstopper shadow, and it's great. However now I can really try the strong brows look. I use this for special occasion or when for my makeup I chose to kick up a notch on my brows, and top it off with the dark shadows. 
  • The other eyeliners (N'7 Metallics and Revlon Charcoal) are for fun! and I love that I can try a lot a new eye looks.
These are all the swatches.
Eye liner swatch, top from left : N'7 Metallic set; Emerald, Amethyst, Copper, Bronze, Gold
Bottom from left: Rimmel Soft KohlPure White, Revlon Colorstay Charcoal, Revlon Grow Luscious Expresso
Eye liner swatch, top from left : N'7 Metallic set; Emerald, Amethyst, Copper, Bronze, Gold
Bottom from left: Rimmel Soft Kohl Pure White, Revlon Colorstay Charcoal, Revlon  Grow Luscious Expresso
As you could see the colour turn-out is very good especially the Expresso from Revlon. 

Okay that's been all. I can't wait to get more stuff as we enter the new year and approaching the Spring.
I did eye on some stuff I just got to have sometime to have enough money and all.
Now I am waiting for my new study lamp which is in daylight cool white, since my current light is warm white *practically yellow*, the yellow is too bright and makes my eyes sore and went bloodshot after doing makeup.
So maybe after I got ne lighting sorted I can do makeup tutorial. I always been wanting to do the brows stuff, although it's very simple, I still want to share that. Also my new skincare routing. So wait for it guys!

Till next time,
farhanaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment