Sunday 15 January 2012

Winter Haul - Clarks, redherring, Gap, H&M

I was supposed to do this earlier, but I put this on hold since I want to wait for my Debenhams order which arrive about 2 weeks after I made the order... huhu. As usual I bought these not at once, my purse kill me if I do that. So let just get on with this.

Clarks GBP 30.00+ (original price GBP 60.00 ++ - 50% off)
First stop would be Clarks. I was actually really looking for a new bag but larger and plain (eg tote etc), and Clarks got the 50% off on handbags. So I went there and check it out. I found a large tote with good shoulder straps, something I originally want to buy but I don't know I wasn't feeling it and I was attracted to this one as well *oh well, anyway the other one was synthetic anyway*. It was quite a while for me to decide which to get, then I chose this.

 This one is slightly more expensive, it's dark brown, suede material, nice buckle detail and front pocket. It got short and long strap, so you can wear as messenger bag *across body* or the 'fashion people' style with short strap pulled to the elbows. The beg is sturdy, but I'm seriously worried if I ruined this, I don't know why, but I got like 2 broken bags, and they are my favourites so I wear them in stitches *sad, I know but I could not let go especially when it's leather*. 


I got this as soon as I was back from my trip *PUISI at Ballycastle*,
I definitely tired to go out for shopping so I just shop online, check out Debenhams and their coats is on sale.
Redherring Grey Duffle Cape GBP19.50 (was GBP65.00 CRAZYYYYY!!)

Back view
It is a grey cape-style outerwear, quite popular recently but I never thought of trying this style. Shell: 88% polyester, 10% viscose, 2% elastane, Lining:100% polyester. It is really soft and cozy and I really like it. I'm not into the 'horn-toggle fastenings or walrus teeth' what they call it, but it's okay. I got buttons at the side which create sleeve but the cape does not come down to my wrist *I got quite long arms anyway*. It is roomy, I would say it look  best with skinnies and it got hoodies, which I like since it is a plus. 
I think I wear this out often when it is still cold, since spring summer is approaching. I found the black one and I want to get that one but my size was out of stock so I got this one instead *so I haven't got a black coat yet, next winter probably*. Never mind, I still like it, since it's cheap I don't really mind. I like that this gives me the chance to try cape-style coat. 


H&M seriously one of my favourite affordable store and this was New Year sale .
H&M GBP 3.00 *CRAZY!!* (original price GBP 10.00++)
I need another black loose top. Why black? I don't know probably I was influenced by fashionista804 that makes me think that I need more black outfits *love her MAC OOTD video* . Actually I had my eye on this other black top but I couldn't find it at first *I found it after I finish paying, and it has no discount for some reason* . This one is in plain black, which the front is 'drape' and loose, with 3/4 sleeves *I prefer long sleeves, but it's fine, I'll just wear it with an inner*. I love that it got a 'shiny glossy finish, it's polyester and I got an inner with quite the same finish so I can this with that. Since I got this, I fee that I shouldn't be adamant in getting a black top or outfits.

H&M GBP 5.00 *double CRAZY!!* (Original price GBP 34.99)
I never thought of getting this but because it was really really cheap I got it as well. 
At first I thought about getting one in orange, but I thought the dark blue is easier to work with. It's long sleeve, cropped, dark blue with golden buttons. The material for shell is 98% cotton, 2% elastane with 100% polyester lining. It is quite wrinkled since it is an old stock. It's my first time wearing crop jacket and it will look good with this one white lacy dress I had.
I will get more long tops/dress to wear with this.

This was the best time to get the Gap pants cheaper!!
This pant *below* got to be my favourite 'surprisingly good' purchase.
It's the skinny motor pants, and I saw this few times on Gap website

Gap -Front View-  GBP 14.99  (original price - GBP 39.95)
From the website I thought that this will not look good on me due to the zip and pocket, but that day when I found my size at the Gap store in the colour forest green,
 I just thought why not give it a try and I was wrongIt fits really GOOD on me, I love how this skinny pants turnout to be. I thought it would be very uncomfortable because it looks rigid and it would very 'fitted' and 'tight', but it's not.
Gap - Front view and leg -
Gap - Back view and leg -























It is 98% cotton and 2% spandex/elastane. So it is quite stretchy and more comfortable for big girl like me.  Then there's like pleat detailing at front for the knee which took away those excess fabric which is obvious when you seat or squat, I was afraid that it does not place right on my leg but it was nice, the pants length and thigh-calf proportion suits me. Other than that the zip and button flapped pockets give interesting details for the pants, there's angled zip detailing at the calf. It is more interesting than typical pant with the zip detailing at the side of the pants, this one end at the front. Then there's centre seam down the leg at the back, which make the appearance of 'slimmer leg'. Plus the button at the waist got fabric that run down to the zipper, makes it more sturdy and secure on waist, I wouldn't be worry that button would be flying out.
I LOVE THIS PANTS!!
I also got another pant, which is a basic skinny black pants, this is essential! I don't know why I never got one, but finally I got it.
Gap - GBP 9.99 - (original price GBP 39.95)
It's a black skinny pants, very stretchy, it's says 'legging jean'. 66% viscose *so quite heavy*, 29% nylon and 5% elastane. Very comfortable, no 'tight' feeling at all, although make me a bit afraid that it would fall off, but it wouldn't. hehe. Now I can wear these with long top and short dresses to give a more formal look. NICE!

Out of nowhere I got a plain long sleeve top in violet more to bluish.

Plain long sleeve, crew neck and 100% cotton. It's quite fitted, so I would wear this with my bootcut jeans. 

So that will be all for this haul, the bag I got on early December or late November I think and the clothes was on late December. I will do cosmetics and makeups haul for sure and it will include all the stuff I purchase from autumn to winter and there's quite a lot, some of you who might follow me on twitter might know since tweet my purchases, so wait for it ok!

PS: It's been a while since I do my haul especially on clothes...I did tweet my hauls but with not much information. So I think I want to post hauls again, since that is more informative and helpful.  I find haul videos or blogpost really helpful because it gives ideas on what to purchase and try. They also give ideas on price range of a brand or store, what is splurge and what would be affordable, cheap or steal. It is definitely not for showing off. So when I'm doing hauls I really hope it can be helpful.

Till next time,  
farhanaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment