Monday 30 January 2012

Shoes collection of 2011- old and quite new

Okay I don't have a massively large shoe collection so no worries guys!
Since I haven't done a shoes haul and I did just bought something this January but there is so much shoes I would like to include. So I thought of doing a shoe collection, but I would include the latest shoes in a future haul post. 
So this collection is strictly until 2011.
I brought most of my shoes from Malaysia but I left some of them but I believe those are old sandals so I just left them home *sad*. The oldest shoes in this collection would be 2006/2007 I think, for Raya celebration. So as you can see I love my shoes and I can keep them as long as I can especially the leather and pricey ones. 
My Style: I love heels, however flats are practical. Leather are my favourite! I 'm not into sneakers/canvas/sportshoes at first, but lately I started to get hooked *just like what happen with jumpers/hoodies*. Back in Malaysia I wear a lot leather sandals *Scholl, Clarks or Hush Puppies* but sadly I can't really wear them here, however here I did get to experiment wearing boots. I love the no-stocking look with shoes, so I actually hate sock/stockings. For now I start to wear footies to reduce smells and it's cold here. Footies are more forgiving it looks like you aren't wearing anything, so I still achieve that look. I wear stocking only in my boots and my hi-tops which they are not visible... hehe,

First of all these are done in random order because I love all my shoes, although some I don't really fancy.

Brown 'leather-like' flats - Barrats - GBP 10.00 I think
This is my go-to shoes, practical and can be worn with just about anything. This I bought for fraction of its original price. I like that it's like leather but I know it's not, it's synthetic, *That's why it's cheap* but I also like that it looks a bit like loafers. I bought this since I had to thrown out my Camel Active loafers... *sad*. 

Left: White Canvas Flats with Floral Embroideries - Keds - RM 150.00++
Right: Black Canvas Lace Flats - River Island  - GBP 16.00
Left:  The white one I got it back in Malaysia at Pedder Red and I love it so much, I was into Mischa Barton style for Keds. I don't know why I left it in Malaysia in the first place. Like the above flats it's easy to pull off although the white quite put me off, especially when I am dark tan, but the contrast it creates is quite interesting for me. Plus the floral white embroideries give texture and a twist to this canvas flats. Because of that and that it's in white I got to be careful not to dirtied it too much.

Right:  This black one, I'm not really into it. I don't know why the hell I bought this?? It's hard for me to pull off seriously. I almost want to throw it out, but then, inspiration come, and I finally find ways. I realize these don't look the best with my dark skinny jeans. So I find it look nice if I pair it with light colour pants, and pants should be a little bit higher and expose a bit of skin. So my pants is down at right above the ankle like capri but longer and if my pants longer I would fold them a bit. If the pants has some loose fabrics *not skin tight* it looks quite stylish as well.

Hi-top sneakers in Grey - Adidas GBP 30.00++
This might not be my favourite, but I agree that this is very very useful shoes and I wear it very often, you can see how it much it has wear and tear. Simple design in grey, with white shoe lace and  some white and purple lining. The material is not usual cotton canvas, it looks like nylon, there's a bit of shine, and definitely does not get wet easily. So for me it's a decent  shoes.


Grey Printed Hi-top 'Adicity Kit' Adidas Originals Attitude - Adidas  - GBP 15.00
 (Typical Adidas hi-top should be GBP 60.00++, especially with leather and suede mix in)
Okay, this is how I am hooked with sneakers, I got this for GBP15.00 at Junction 1 last November I think and that's very very cheap for Adidas. I found this by accident, and this is the only one left. At first I was afraid I can't pull it off and whatever crappy thought, but then when I got it I was totally into sneakers, I mean, I would give sneakers a chance. I know that sneakers can be very very fashion forward and stylish, and this one definitely got loud design but sneakers/sporty was not really my style. Now, not anymore, I definitely check out JDSport and Footlocker next time for cooler sneakers. So this shoes is in grey canvas with 'neon paint in splash' details, quite loud but the grey background tone it down . There is suede lined across the bottom edge and at lace part and a bit of leather at the ankle part. So at first look, it seems quite hard to pull off especially when I use to wear simple plain shoes, but after I wear it a while it is actually fine. The grey does tone it down and make it more wearable. The lace are in grey and I also got extra shoes lace in bright neon orange, which I never try yet. Another point, the shoe soles *the white part* is actually glow in the dark, how cool is that!!
Glow in the dark!!
haha! I know I make this a big deal, but I found out when I got home, it was funny seriously. . Whatever it is, I really like this shoes. I definitely give stylish sneakers a chance.


This would be my first boots, I just thought of giving this a try. I got this at Pavers Outlet at Banbridge . It decent enough for first boots, very very warm. It has that 'folk village' look going on, but I love the shearling it got. Since I usually wear skinnies, I wear this regularly. 
Brown Suede Flat Boots with shearling - Pavers - GBP 30.00+


I love the previous boots, but how I wish that it has heels. So I got this last November I think, and again I love it! I thought of how great to wear this in the snow, but too bad it does not snow last year.... erghhh... However I still going to wear it while it still cold.  It looks interesting with hiker-style soles and shoe lace and this shoes is very sturdy. It got thicker shearling, with thick heels to add a bit of height.  Again definitely look great with skinnies, but probably if I wear with boot-cut, I will not fold the shearling out, but I have not try that yet.
Brown Leather Hiker-style lace-up heel boots with shearling -  Bussola - GBP 40.00++ 


Olive Green Leather Heel Oxford Brogues *haha! how to describe??* - Clarks - GBP 50.00+
I got this last year, thinking that it look nice and the heels is not too high and easy to walk with. But it is actually quite hard, the leather in layers is quite hard to 'break into'. Nonetheless, it looks nice and cool with the 'multi-stripe' details and the shoe lace. My course-mate compliment this shoes and describe as brogues with heels. As you may know brogues are really popular in here. I still like it and wear it, but I really hope that it doesn't hurt my feet too much.


Pale Rose Leather Kitten Heel - Clarks GBP 40.00+
I got this shoes with the purpose of getting a formal decent shoes for my weekly attachment. Again, I don't know why but it's hard to 'break-into' as well... is it a 'Clarks' thing? Nevertheless I like that this shoe can be formal, and casual at the same time due to the small buckle details. I don't really like the pale rose colour but I can't find my size in black, too bad, but it's ok. The kitten heels is also more forgiving as I want to wear this in clinical attachment. 

Leather Heel in nude camel - Primavera - RM 200.00+
This is the oldest shoes in this collection, 2006 I think. It is my 'precious' and I hope it never ever get ruined, but it does wear and tear a bit already. I loveeeee this!! It's quite high, but still very very comfortable. It got like a 'bow' detail and it is in nude camel colour, easy to pull off. The heel has a 'wood-like' finish. I would like to wear this casually but too bad the lifestyle here with weather does not permit it... haihhhh... Nevertheless my 'precious~~.

Black Cut-out Peep-top heel - Primavera - RM 150.00++
This is an old one as well, I got it after my I finish secondary school. Back in Malaysia I really like heels in Primavera , their design is quite my taste, sophisticated and simple design and the price is okaylah, not too expensive. The cut-out leather details would kick up a notch compare to a typical peep-toe black heels.  Again, this shoes is very comfortable and last year I left it back home, I brought it back last autumn, but I haven't find the time to wear this...  but I will. But definitely can't wear this if you're walking on field, the quite thin heel will dig/puncture into the soil. Compare to the previous heels I think this is much easier to pull off casually.

Blue patent leather slingback wedges - Clarks RM 200.00+
I bought this back in Malaysia and I like how it look simple and it suppose to be easy to pull off. However, when I wear it, it doesn't cover my feet well, and it does not look too good with very fitted skinnies, what I think is that my feet was too 'exposed'. I think this shoes look great but I have mixed feelings. I still like to wear this. It definitely look fine with boot cut.  I like the colour in blueish grey patent leather, and it is slingback, easy to wear. It has a bit detail at the front and the wedge also has thicker sole, so there's a bit of platformProbably I wear it more in spring and summer especially back in Malaysia even in skinnies... lantaklah... haha!

Dark Chocolate leather Hand-stiched flats sandals - Florence - EUR 20.00++
Did you know that leather goods are very popular in Florence, Italy or 'Firenze'? So I got this hand-stitched leather  sandals during my Europe trip last summer. Despite how feudal it looks, I looveeee it because of that. The fact that it is a hand-stitched leather sandals made it more special, like you got this in Florence, and as you can see, there is no brands.  I got it in a traditional shop, I felt very 'tourist-y', haha! At first it felt a bit rigid but after a while, it 'break' and it become comfortable. This design is very simple strappy flat sandals, and remind me of gladiator, imagine the Romans wear this to watch gladiators in the old days. But I really think that it is basic sandals, easy to wear, I wear this a lot during summer and when I was back in Malaysia last year. The straps does not break-off or damaged since it it sewn into the sole, very professional. So it's actually not that cheap. 

There are shoes I don't include here, since it's new, so I will include it in my future haul post.
In the future I would probably do post on something like outfit of the day/looks... I try to figure out how like am I getting the picture taken .. hmm

till next time, farhanaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment