Wednesday 4 January 2012

Updated inspired 60's look! - Better version *for me*

Okay I am obsessed with the 60's makeup...
I don't know why, it's not like I want to wear it,
*but now I feel I want to since I spend too much time on it*
but I just didn't seem to get it right


... so I want to redo it again

and this time I am pleased


note : don't mind the different shawl I wore, it is the same occassion since I change my shawl while doing my outfits and style post.

after the last post on the makeup,
I study back the 60's makeup, watch again tutorials and pics on internet and
suddenly I did realize some stuffs
I did want to soften by using dark brown on the crease, but for my skintone,
I still need some black,
and last time I overblend the the lines...
you don't to blend upward.

let just start again on this tutorial.

- Base : Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Wheat mix with MAC Studio Sculpt NC30
*because the foundation is too dark on me especially in winter*
-Setting powder: Chanel Mat Lumiere #80 Contour



Eyes
- MAC Paint Pot Painterly all over upper and lower lid
- Revlon Matte eyeshadow Peach Sorbet on lid all over top lid up to brow bone, inner corner of the eyes
- Vanilla shimmery eyeshadow (L'oreal) on inner corner blend toward outer corner

ok now the hard part for me... drawing on crease...
-Brown eye pencil draw on crease
after much revision I think
the line has to obvious and the best way to do it is to use eye pencil straight away.
I drew from above inner corner of the eyes, leaving some space for higlight,
then instead of following the fold of the eyelid, I draw the line higher following the socket bone, but never meet the outer corner of the eyes, but just extend and fade.

- MAC Showstopper blend into the line
Blend the line but keep it narrow

The bottom edges should be very sharp and precise.
Soften the top edges with the light matte shadow, but don't blend too upward.

Keep repeating the step until the line is very obvious and opaque,
if you make a mistake just rub it off with clean cotton buds to get a clean line.


*the line is higher than the natural crease/fold of eyelid*

-Black eyepencil to defined the line
So basically I made the line more deep and still narrow, and more precise so I draw a clean black line on the bottom edges of the line, to soften a bit I use small brush like MAC 231 brush with a bit of black eyeshadow, Rimmel After Dark.

- Go back with the vanilla shimmery shadow and pat the colour dense on lid especially at the border of the line so it will look more precise.

- Brown eye pencil on bottom lash line but a bit lower
*since we are going to highlight the waterline*
- Blend MAC Showstopper on the soft line
Do not blend too low, keep it thin and narrom,
*since we are going to draw bottom lashes

- MAC Fluidline in Blitz and Glitz with MAC 231 on top lashline and slight flick
You don't need to connect it with the crease just let it end and fade naturally.

-Rimmel Eyeshadow After Dark to intensify the to lashline *under lashes* and for bottom and make it a tight line and thin.

- MAC 231 Brush with MAC Fluidline Blitz and Glitz to draw on the bottom lashes.
Intead of pencil which drag,
using gel liner and small thin brush will give a more sharp narrow line.
With soft hand slowly with small stroke, from lashline downward,
*nod and look up*
I just draw on the outer half of the bottom lashline.

- Highlight the waterline with Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Pure White and top it with the vanilla shimmery shadow


- Black Mascara top and bottom lash,
I used Clinique High Lengthen Mascara Black and Lancome Hypnose Densifying Black
Curl the lashes and I put on a primer first, Bodyshop Brow and lash gel.
Clump up the lashes with mascara especially the bottom lashes on outer corner.

and there you achieve the 'droopy effect' of 60's makeup due to the heaviness on the outer bottom lashes.


Lastly, finish the look with bronzed cheek and orange nude lips.

- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural Deep Dark - Contour cheek bones
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze on Cheeks

-MAC Lipliner in Spice and MAC Lipstick Alibi
Suddenly I want to make more nude so I blend a bit of nude lippy Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude delight. No gloss.

Okay I know I don't look like Twiggy or Edie Sedgwick because of my eye shape, but I believe I really like this look... wonder what occasion should I wear this...

till next time,
farhanaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment