Wednesday 4 August 2010

The Bodyshop Nature's Mineral Foundation

Okay, finally I manage to finish and get rid of the The Bodyshop Nature’s Mineral Foundation, RM99. This foundation has successfully made me think twice before going natural and all-mineral....
At first, I thought of buying this to save more time and at the same time, to try out mineral foudation, to see what’s the HYPE about. I thought about doing this review for a while, but I still want to give it time and I decide to finish the product first.

When I put this on, I accept it to be light to medium coverage (eventhough, the sale assistant says otherwise, 'it can cover acne',that bulls***t), for me, it’s too light on the brink of it being translucent... and we have a product called translucent powder, that is not what I sign up for RM99.
Continue on, after a while, I realize that my face become really shiny.. (it is always shiny, but this shiny is like I’m not putting on any makeup)... so I would say that this does not really have oil-control properties, or their oil-control properties just suck!
Then, I also felt uncomfortable while wearing this. It make my skin felt more bumpy (it’s already quite bumpy actually) and it has no smooth feeling like I should feel after wearing foundation and powder. Some people said that this cause breakouts. It does not necessarily break me put since I’m always prone to that, but I do felt uncomfortable and tight on my skin.

Okay, the colour range is also not the best, only up to 5 shades I believe. It was also annoying that I can’t really get the little more left out of the sift... rip off!

So overall, I gave it 1 out of 5, (1 just for having sun protection)

PS: The best thing about this range from The Bodyshop is that the KABUKI brush. I believe I have posted both the mineral foundation and the brush. Yes, the mineral foundation brush is as soft as it seems on the picture. Eventhough it’s synthetic , but it was really soft and not scratchy at all. This brush is dense enough for buffing powder into your skin and I love using it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. The Bodyshop Mineral Foundation Brush, RM 79 is a good brush to purchase if you can’t afford MAC, or Makeup Forever one.

No comments:

Post a Comment