Tuesday 3 August 2010

Purple Eyes Look...

Last week, my family and I went this wedding (it was my 2nd cousin getting married) in Shah Alam. What I like about that day is that, after realizing, it’s been a while since I get ready and putting on makeup, I finally get to do that. It has been a long time since I went out, yeah, I do go out to work, but it is not really a great motivation for to play with makeup, especially when I don’t want to look too made-up while wearing my uniform T-shirt and jeans.

I thought about Purple Eyeshadow and that reminded me of Purple Smokey Eyes done by pixi2woo in Youtube. However, it’s been a while since I watch that, and I forgot everything other than she applying purple shadow all over her lids.
And then, like Kimora Lee Simmons said “ TIME WAIT FOR NO WOMEN”,
I was out of time.
I just finish my base makeup, just about to pick up my eye shadow brush and my dad has already started the engine. So I just finish it up by mixing the black and purple together and I end up with this smokey purple black eyes. Then I just grab my mascara, pink nude lipstick and nude lipliner and finally my black heels, run out of the house into the car, afraid that my dad will start yelling “Cepatlah!!”.

In real life, my eyes was really dark but it was up to the crease, so in pictures, usually, I tend to nod and my heavy eyelids will cover my eyemakeup. So too bad, can’t really show how it was really like.

Me and my same-age cousin, she's married.

When I got home, I wasn’t pleased with how the day end. So I check out the videos back and I realize how different was the look and the actual one look more pleasing. So, as usual, I try it on my sister.
1. First of all, even your skintone. I’m using my sis’s Elianto Oil Free Liquid Foundation and The Bodyshop Concealer.
2. Eyes : First of all, I will always apply my Peach Sorbet Revlon Matte Shadow all over the lids as base shadows. Then I started dabbing the purple shadows with eye shadow brush, don’t brush, dabbed and press the purple shadow and make the colour dense on lids. I use Rimmel Duo Eyeshadow in Brit Cool, RM 16.00 (I think, but it’s cheap). Apply the colour up to slightly above crease.

It was depressing with this Rimmel shadow, as it was too fade and sheer, maybe I was the unlucky one to pick the defects one. This is why I thought of purchasing MAC shadow (coming soon haul!).

Continue on, do the same on the lower lids. Then with the pink shadow, blend the colour on the inner corner and above and also above the crease to give more dimension ( make it look more violet and less pink).

See, it is quite fade right. But in real life, okaylah.


3. Then look up, trace the black liner only on the waterline and enhance it with black shadow, Rimmel Mono in After Dark (should be less than RM15). Then, just put on again the purple shadow to make it more defined and no harsh line between the black and purple. Then, take a blending brush and blBoldend only the edge of the purple shadow with the skin. Curl the lash and finish it up with black mascara.
4. For the apple of the cheeks, Elianto Nude Pink Blusher, I apply using the dual fibre brush by Etude House, RM40.00 (I believe). Then, using my trusty highlighter, MAC Verve-acious, RM 80 from Fafi Collection, apply on the cheek bones, bridge of the nose, inner v-corner of the eyes and under the brow bone.


5. Lastly, after moisturize with lipbalm, trace and fill in the lips with nude lipliner, I use Silkygirl in Nude , RM 16 and apply nude pink lipstick, Maybelline Watershine Pure in B24, RM24. I don’t use lipgloss, since Maybelline lipstick is very glossy.

so:-


This is the final look... love it! (actually all the picture are final look... hehe,
I just like my sis being photogenic)

PS: I just can't wait to purchase stuff from MAC, even tomorrow seems a long time to wait... I just have to make sure, I remember to blog about it and put it into my Makeupalley Diary. ( I like to do that to keep update with what I have and to remember the price)

No comments:

Post a Comment