Tuesday 10 August 2010

It started off with an orange lips

Yes, I just had the BSMS interview this evening and it was fine. I couldn't denied there are things that I wish I have said better. All in all, I just glad it was over. I am really hoping that I would get a placement there. Since last week, I had put off to post about this look because I want to focus more for the interview. Now that it is over, finally I can go on with this post.
Lately, I notice in magazine (female, CLEO, Cosmopolitan) there rave about orange lips, some may say coral lips, tomato lips, orange-red lips... whatever it is, it revolve around orange. I do like this colour, very best worn on warm skintone like Asian skintone. The rave about this also remind me of Hyun-ah looks in 4minute’s “Muzik” music video where Hyun-ah this very orange juicy lips...but there are trend with deeper reddish orange like tomato.

Hyun-ah 4Minute from 'Muzik' music video

Spring Summer 2010
The one with shades from Prada, right is Gianbattista Valli, Bottom is Christian Dior
The orang-red can be perfect and versatile as long as you have this two colour, a real red (red with blue undertone) and orange lipcolour. For me, my mix of orange-red lipcolour using MAC Satin Lipstick in Alibi and Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red. To amp up the orange I use coral-like lipliner. I have test it out on me (and the result is great, I wish I had picture of it) and I just have to try it on my sis. My sis is more interested with brighter orange like Hyun-ah and after the lips I start to devicing this final from anything I have seen before.
(I just play around)
After finding the perfect orange shade for her lips, which she prefer in medium tone, I decide to put more colour as I see the lips is not really overpowering. This is different compare the deeper tomato-red lips or more solid colour (like Prada), the best is to keep the rest of the face bare and the lips itself is a statement.

So I complement the orange-lips with gold-beigey eyeshadow (the gold from L’oreal Star Secret Penelope Cruz Quads) on the upper lids and lower lids. I wouldn’t suggest a more yellow gold (like the gold from Silky Girl duo in Golden Emerald) since it can be too much. Then I define the crease with bronzy brown and blend. For the final touch I gave my gave my sis a full black-rimmed eye.
Okay, I would like to be more specific on the black-rimmed eye. Often women do it will end-up looking too gothich or an Egyptian... but that is not what I intend for. So, with a light hand using black pencil just trace softly along the upper lashline while looking down and into the inner corner. Then look up, start tracing just on the waterline only, and only that. Don’t come out to the lower lashline or it will end up looking over the top. Clean it up and don’t make it too messy. Define the lashline with golden again. Finish it off with black mascara.




So about the complexion, since I put too much attention on both lips and eyes I kept the face flawless and matte. I didn’t use any blusher or highlighter. But just give more colour I just put a hint of bronzer on the hollow of the cheeks and this also gave contour.
My sis really love gloss, so for her sake I top the lips with gloss in coral and this also enhance the orange shade on the lips and give a pretty finish. What I love about this look is that the eyes make lips shade look more sophisticated instead of candy-sweet chic and the attention of the black liner is not too intense to make my sis into a gothic angel.


PS: Selamat menyambut RAMADHAN....semoga Ramadhan ini menjadi istimewa sebagaimana tahun2 sebelum ini...
PSS: sayang tak bawa kamera untuk graduation... tak ada gambar nak post untuk blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment