Friday 20 August 2010

Updated purple smokey eyes

I did a post about purple eyes look ( http://far-hanafeb-ruari.blogspot.com/2010/08/purple-eyes-look.html ) but I was not happy with the finished look due to the purple eyeshadow used lacking in intensity. So after I bought MAC eyeshadow in Parfait Amour I decide to redo this look and as you can see, the result is so much different.


Everything else was about the same but I review back the tutorial and I notice something else, which for me is much better. So I would just explain important feature.


Eyes :
I apply Painterly Paint Pot (obviously much better that Revlon Matte Eyeshadow) then follow with sheer and light application of taupe eyeshadow using a fluffy brush (blending brush). The taupe is applied no further than the crease. I did the same on the lower lashline.

Then I use MAC Parfait Amour (the exact eyeshadow in the tutorial) and apply it to slightly above the crease and blend into the skin and also on the lower lashline. The taupe will make MAC Parfait Amour more deep.

Okay, the lady that did the tutorial is a fair Caucasion, so MAC Parfait Amour on her will look deep compared to me. So to make the purple more deep I just apply and blend deeper purple shadow (from Rimmel Duo in Brit Cool) just up to the crease and also the lower lasline.

Then the same as previous post I blend some pink eyeshadow (Rimmel Brit Cool) on the inner corner of the eyes.

Then, black liner and eyeshadow on waterline and black mascara.


I decide to forgo blush for this look and just apply bronzer on the hollow of the cheeks.

Then I just highlighted the cheeks bone, brow bone and nose bridge using MAC FAFI Iridescent Powder in Verve-acious.


Lips :

In the tutorial actually the lips are glossy beige. So for me, I fill my lips with nude lipliner and mix two lipstick, Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight (beige nude) with Maybelline Pure Watershine in B24 (Nude Pink) and apply using brush.

So the final look is this dusty smokey purple eyes.





No comments:

Post a Comment