Sunday 15 August 2010

Bright Blue Eyes

I remember that I did a post about blue eye shadow from Derek Lam Fall/Winter 2010.
The blue also remind me of bright blue eye tutorial from youtuber, pixiwoo that inspired from Gucci RTW Spring Summer 2009. This look focus just on the eyes, where bright blue is use. Then the eyes are smugded with black liner on both upper and lower lashline.

So after evening the skintone with foundation and concealer, I apply MAC Paint Pot in Painterly up to the brow.
Then for the bright blue eyeshadow, what I see on the tutorial is that the blue used are not just bright but almost like turquoise. Unfortunately I don’t have any eyeshadow that is closer to turquoise. But I would say, MAC To the Beach Eyeshadow in Humid will do. I do love MAC eyeshadow because of the intense colour, however Flashtrack which I own is more deep blue, so I just have to mix and get it closer to the colour (actually hopeless, Flashtrack is too dark... but I still like the final colour).
So what I did is that, first I blend lightly and softly MAC Flashtrack on the upper lid up to the socket and blend it quite high up to the brow and on the inside of the eyes (toward the nose bridge). But keep the space just below brow free of the blue.


Then, I slowly build the colour by blending with all three colour from Za Eyeshadow Trio in E6, from deeper to the white (the white in trio somehow has like green sheen and reflects) and the final colour look more bright.

Why do I still put on MAC Flashtrack eventough it is not the right blue?

It is because I like the intensity, it make the colour from Za trio more strong.

Remember also not to wing out the eyeshadow too far of the outer corner (no flicking).


Then, trace the upper lashline with black liner and blend outward. Again nothing is wing out. Then trace the lower lashline leaving the waterline free.There are absolutely no blue shadows under the eye.

Then I highlight the waterline with Revlon Matte Peach Sorbet and I also blend the light colour on the free space between the blue shadow and the brow. This will make the blue stand out more.

I use the slanted brush and apply black eyeshadow (Rimmel After Dark) on the black liner, upper and lower lashline (leave out the waterline) and blend. Finish the look with black mascara.


Then, a bit of bronzer on the hollow of cheeks and very little of Elianto Blusher in Nude Pink on the apple of the cheeks (the colour is almost invisible).

For the lips, I did the look base on the tutorial where she use a sheer pale pink gloss, but then on the picture of Gucci is more of beige gloss. I prefer the pale pink one, so I just fill my lips with Silkygirl Lipliner in Nude and apply Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Glossy Rose.


It may seem like a typical eyeshadow look but it's not... the attention it gives to the shape of the eyeshadow and the fact that the waterline is left without any black and NO BLUE at all under the eye makes a different. Apart from the beige lips, I absolutely have no problems with this look...

PS : I don't know if you notice the different, but I wear BB cream under all the makeup... I thought I want take a closer look at my BB cream again... I notice it does brighten up my face despite not in skintone... However, since I always be the type to wear very precise full coverage base makeup (thick??)... I feel like it was unnecessary to wear this... unless, I stop wearing my foundation and concealer I might use this (which usually never)... so yeah...

PSS: Well, I would not say I hate BB cream... probably I will post a review about it... I realize I'm not into BB cream, so I will put my BB cream up for sale... I bought it for RM 32 ?? I believe, and I am selling this at RM 17.oo

(just Check out the previous post on what I am also selling)








No comments:

Post a Comment